ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for visa before 6 months..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa help with English test

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:39 pm

UKJPN wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:21 pm
Thank you so much.

If I started my job on the 6th of December 2021. Is it ok for me to apply for the visa on the 6th of June 2022. or will I be refused? that should be 6 months? I will get my 6th wage slip on the 23rd of May..so could I apply on the 23rd of may or 6th of June is better?

Thank you
You need to have been in an employment earning at least £18,600/annum for 6months with payslips and account statement corroboration covering 6months.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:34 pm

Thank you for your help.

I have questions about the application.

1. It asks me if My wife and I have any shared financial responsibilities, ie child care, utility bills.

Well, we do but they're not addressed to both of us, for example, the child care allowance is paid in my name and the gas and electric bill is addressed in my wife's name.
Does shared mean if It's addressed to Mr and Mrs xxxxx
The same goes for banks accounts in Japan. My wife and I do not have a joint/shared bank account. We both have separate banks accounts. It's typical in Japan.

2. It asks for my kid's nationality, I recently got them a British passport, so they have Japanese and British nationality. but it only lets you put one nationally, which one should I put?

3. This is a question from my wife when she comes to booking flight tickets in the future ( Once the visa is approved ) which passport number should she put for the kids? their British passport or Japanese passport details? again it will only let you enter one passport details.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:40 pm

2. It asks for my kid's nationality, I recently got them a British passport, so they have Japanese and British nationality. but it only lets you put one nationally, which one should I put?
British obviously. If you put Japanese, the financial requirement increases as the application will assume you are applying for wife plus 2 children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:42 pm

I'm sorry for the stupid question, I just wanted to double-check. :(

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:12 pm

Hello all,

I have booked my wife's English test on the 26th of January.

I have another question in the meantime, as you may know if you have been following my forum posts.

I was living in Japan , but moved back to the UK on the 1st time of December ...I started my new job which is only a 1 year contract. I will be applying for the visa on the 6th month which Is the 6th of June. My wife is worried that as there will only be 6 months left of the counteract, they might refuse the visa.

I know someone on this board told me it does not matter if job is permanent or temporary, as long as you meet the £18,600 . But does it look bad if I only have 6 months left of a contact?

I work for the council and they told me they will try and keep me, make me permanent, but this might not happen until nearer the end of the contract.

Any ideas?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:18 pm

UKJPN wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:12 pm
Hello all,

I have booked my wife's English test on the 26th of January.

I have another question in the meantime, as you may know if you have been following my forum posts.

I was living in Japan , but moved back to the UK on the 1st time of December ...I started my new job which is only a 1 year contract. I will be applying for the visa on the 6th month which Is the 6th of June. My wife is worried that as there will only be 6 months left of the counteract, they might refuse the visa.

I know someone on this board told me it does not matter if job is permanent or temporary, as long as you meet the £18,600 . But does it look bad if I only have 6 months left of a contact?

I work for the council and they told me they will try and keep me, make me permanent, but this might not happen until nearer the end of the contract.

Any ideas?
That you will have 6months left on the contract will not affect the application negatively.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:24 pm

Thank you that's good to know.

I have 2 kids, although they have British passports

I was worried the visa people, will think how can this guy support them if his job terminates in 6 months..

Moimran123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Moimran123 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:44 am

dont panic - you only need to meet the application criteria on the date you apply so for example if you were to apply 1st Feb 2022 and supply all the documents 6 months prior to the date - if you lose your job after it has no bearing on the application.
:D :D :D

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:56 pm

Thank you Moimran123

I asked this before, but I started my job on the 6th of December 2021.. which means 6 months later would be 6th of June 2022. is it ok to apply dead on 6 months?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:47 pm

UKJPN wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:56 pm
Thank you Moimran123

I asked this before, but I started my job on the 6th of December 2021.. which means 6 months later would be 6th of June 2022. is it ok to apply dead on 6 months?
Yes you will be qualified to do so .

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:17 am

Dear All,

Question on finance

Question: What do they earn?

The answer I put: The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount.

My first-month pay which was December because I started on the 6th of December might show a bit less than the next months...does that matter? I have not received my January payslip until the 23rd, so cannot compare

My Gross pay is £31,800 a year.

I was worried in case they look at the wage slips and find 1 shows a lesser amount than the others. Also, I did not pay any tax in December as I have not earned enough yet in this tax year, might be the same for feb too.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 am

Sorry, 1 more question on Finance.

It says:

Questions, Do you want to add a previous job from within the last 12 months?

Answer: NO

I worked in Japan, but I think it's only work in the UK right? Does anyone know?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:36 pm

UKJPN wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:17 am
Dear All,

Question on finance

Question: What do they earn?

The answer I put: The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount.

My first-month pay which was December because I started on the 6th of December might show a bit less than the next months...does that matter? I have not received my January payslip until the 23rd, so cannot compare

My Gross pay is £31,800 a year.

I was worried in case they look at the wage slips and find 1 shows a lesser amount than the others. Also, I did not pay any tax in December as I have not earned enough yet in this tax year, might be the same for feb too.

For future reference, Always include that you are applying in June 2022.

You can select same amount continuously which is A and provide 6 months payslips. Make sure you have been employed for longer than 6 months before you apply even if you have received 6 months payslips does not mean you qualify under Category A unless you have been employed for that period.

Category A salaried, the UKVI will take the lowest salary during the last 6 months to calculate your annual salary.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:36 pm

UKJPN wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 am
Sorry, 1 more question on Finance.

It says:

Questions, Do you want to add a previous job from within the last 12 months?

Answer: NO

I worked in Japan, but I think it's only work in the UK right? Does anyone know?
This is correct.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:32 pm

Thank you very much

Sorry for the confusion, I started work on the 6th of December 2021 and I will apply for the visa on the 6th of June 2022

My 6th wage slip will be received on the 23rd of May 2022..but I will still wait until the 6th of June 2022 to apply.

Thank you

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:23 pm

a few more questions please from the application form:

Question: Date you plan to arrive in the UK

answer: July 2022

If I'm applying in June, is this a little cheeky? It's not a visa rejection answer, is it?

question: Will they be traveling with you to the UK? (They are talking about the sponsor me )

answer: No The reason I put that is that Japan has closed Its borders currently. I can return there as I have a visa/resident card..but if I return I would have to quarantine for 2 weeks. So I told my wife to do her best and fly with our 2 kids. If I put no, is that a rejection?

Also, my wife and I were thinking we might need a document to prove she is not abducting the kids? or I'm I overthinking this?

I want to prepare as much as possible now before June.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:24 pm

You are overthinking the process completely.

Also, it is possibly unlikely she will get a visa within a month anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:32 pm

I probably am...but you know It's people's lives/relationships we are talking about. Can't help feeling like this.

Also, in regards to the company called VFS Global, I'm I able to upload all our documents, or is it only my wife?

It mentions she can upload and If I want to send any extra I have to pay a fee? is that true?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:56 pm

UKJPN wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:32 pm
I probably am...but you know It's people's lives/relationships we are talking about. Can't help feeling like this.

Also, in regards to the company called VFS Global, I'm I able to upload all our documents, or is it only my wife?

It mentions she can upload and If I want to send any extra I have to pay a fee? is that true?
It's either you pay to get them scanned or you upload them yourself.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:15 am

Thank you for confirming.

I'm going to upload them on behalf of my wife.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:30 pm

Dear all,

Just wanted to update you all as it's been a while..

Back in January I asked about the English test, anyway I booked it for my wife and she sat the test on the 26th of January 2022, she passed and received her results same day. I received a long code number which I entered into her visa application.

Thank you all for your help...

Sorry but I have a new question...

Regarding the current situation in the world in Ukraine,

My wife is worried about the prospect of a world war..

I cannot apply for her visa until June the 6th..but if things got really bad, I was thinking of telling her to get on a plan with our kids and come to the UK. She would only have a taurist visa.. but she would not be able to apply for the spouse visa.

If war did break out across the world..what would be the best thing to do? It's worrying me

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Applying for visa before 6 months..

Post by UKJPN » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:01 am

Dear all,

Just wanted to update you all as it's been a while..

Back in January I asked about the English test, anyway I booked it for my wife and she sat the test on the 26th of January 2022, she passed and received her results the same day. I received a long code number which I entered into her visa application.

Thank you all for your help...

Sorry but I have a new question...

Regarding the current situation in the world in Ukraine,

My wife is worried about the prospect of a world war.. I know you think this might sound silly..but when your separated from family and all the things on tv...it worries people.

Anyway I cannot apply for her visa until June the 6th..but if things got really bad before then, I was thinking of telling her to get on a plane with our kids and come to the UK. She would only have a tourist visa.. But of course she could not apply for the spouse visa whilst she was in the UK, so the government would deport her I guess./.

If war did break out across the world..what would be the best thing to do?

I know this sounds silly..but it's scary to be separated from my wife and children..It's not right.