ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did not receive a decision letter or email after getting my ILR approved

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sibo7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Did not receive a decision letter or email after getting my ILR approved

Post by Sibo7 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:12 pm

Hi there, I'm in a very confusing situation here. I have done my biometrics for IRL (super priority service) on 24th December and I haven't received anything from UKVI in regards to whether I've been approved or not. Then today which is 5th Jan 2022 I received my BRP card. During this whole time, I didn't receive a decision letter or email from the Home Office, is there anyone in the same situation? Also in this case, do I need to register with the police and return my old BRP card, if so what address is that? I appreciate your help, thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Did not receive a decision letter or email after getting my ILR approved

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:21 pm

Sibo7 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:12 pm
Hi there, I'm in a very confusing situation here. I have done my biometrics for IRL (super priority service) on 24th December and I haven't received anything from UKVI in regards to whether I've been approved or not. Then today which is 5th Jan 2022 I received my BRP card. During this whole time, I didn't receive a decision letter or email from the Home Office, is there anyone in the same situation? Also in this case, do I need to register with the police and return my old BRP card, if so what address is that? I appreciate your help, thank you.
UKVI does not send any decision letter or necessarily any email. BRP is all you get. If you had to register with the police, such a requirement does NOT apply anymore after getting ILR.

BRP Returns
PO Box 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sibo7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sibo7 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:34 pm

Thanks Zimba!

KVP

Post by KVP » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:26 pm

My spouse has received her Decision (SET M ILR application) via email as below. You may find these generic information useful.

==========================================================================
From: Home Office Atlas <home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk>
Date: XXX
Subject: Application Update
To: <>

Dear XXXX XXXXX

Ref: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been successful.

What happens next
You will receive your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) by courier within 7 working days. It is your BRP, not this letter, that is the official document that grants you status.

If you do not receive your BRP within 10 working days of this letter, please visit https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived for advice on what to do.

You can find more information about the BRP including what to do if your BRP is lost or stolen or if your personal details change (such as your name) at https://www.gov.uk/brp

If you already hold a BRP from a previous grant of leave, or you were issued with a replacement, you must now return it to the Home Office as it is no longer valid.
The BRP card should be cut in half and posted (in a windowless plain envelope) to Biometric Product Returns, IFB,5th floor Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY. You may have to pay a penalty of up to £1,000 if you fail to return an invalid BRP..

Settlement in the UK: what you need to know
Once you have indefinite leave to remain and have made the UK your home you are regarded as settled in the UK. You can find information on what it means to be settled in the UK at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/indefinite- ... -in-the-uk

Working in the UK
There is no immigration restriction on your ability to work in the UK. This means you may work in any business or profession, as an employee or self-employed. You must comply with the law and any statutory regulations for that business, profession or employment.

Travel
You should take your BRP with you when you travel outside the UK. If you travel without your BRP you may be refused re-entry to the UK

If you stay outside the UK or the Common Travel Area (meaning the UK, Ireland, the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey), for two or more years at a time your indefinite leave to remain will automatically end. If this happens you will need to apply for entry clearance as a returning resident before coming back to live in the UK. You can find further information on returning resident visas at https://www.gov.uk/returning-resident-visa

Additional Information

Spotted an error on your BRP?
If you think something is wrong on your BRP, such as your name, gender or it was damaged when you received it, you should let us know.

You only have 10 days from the date of receiving your BRP to let us know about such a problem. Otherwise you may have to apply and pay for a replacement.

Information on how to let us know can be found at https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem

Immigration bail
If you are on immigration bail, once you are granted indefinite leave to remain this will end automatically.

Registering with the police
If you previously had to register with the police, once you are granted indefinite leave to remain you no longer need to do this. You should return your police registration certificate to the office or police station where it was issued to you. If you are unable to do so, return it to the nearest issuing office or police station. You can find the nearest office or station here: http://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-pol ... o-register.

How we use your data
The Data Protection Act 2018 governs how we use personal data. For details of how we will use your personal information and who we may share it with please see our Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system at https:/www.gov.uk/government/publications/pers ... itizenship. This also explains your key rights under the Act, how you can access your personal information and how to complain if you have concerns.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:51 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:21 pm

UKVI does not send any decision letter or email. BRP is all you get. If you had to register with the police, such a requirement does NOT apply anymore after getting ILR.
Hi Zimba please correct me if I'm wrong, doesnt UKVI send a approval email after the ILR is processed. Many people have posted receiving such an email on the ILR timelines thread.

Thank you

Application1221
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Application1221 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi, my husband applied on 29th and had appointment on the same day at 7pm. Super priority service. No info from HO till now. Very stressful time.
I’m happy for your approval.

Sibo7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sibo7 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:49 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:51 pm
Zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:21 pm

UKVI does not send any decision letter or email. BRP is all you get. If you had to register with the police, such a requirement does NOT apply anymore after getting ILR.
Hi Zimba please correct me if I'm wrong, doesnt UKVI send a approval email after the ILR is processed. Many people have posted receiving such an email on the ILR timelines thread.

Thank you
That is why I'm very confused, what I have seen is that most people received their decision letter on this forum after their application.

Sibo7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sibo7 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:51 pm

Application1221 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:53 pm
Hi, my husband applied on 29th and had appointment on the same day at 7pm. Super priority service. No info from HO till now. Very stressful time.
I’m happy for your approval.
Hi, thanks. It looks like we are on the same boat, perhaps you could check the prove your right to work website and see if the status has changed, and that may put ease on your mind.

Sibo7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sibo7 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:54 pm

KVP wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:26 pm
My spouse has received her Decision (SET M ILR application) via email as below. You may find these generic information useful.

From: Home Office Atlas <home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk>
Date: XXX
Subject: Application Update
To: <>

Dear XXXX XXXXX

Ref: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been successful.

What happens next
You will receive your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) by courier within 7 working days. It is your BRP, not this letter, that is the official document that grants you status.

If you do not receive your BRP within 10 working days of this letter, please visit https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived for advice on what to do.

You can find more information about the BRP including what to do if your BRP is lost or stolen or if your personal details change (such as your name) at https://www.gov.uk/brp

If you already hold a BRP from a previous grant of leave, or you were issued with a replacement, you must now return it to the Home Office as it is no longer valid.
The BRP card should be cut in half and posted (in a windowless plain envelope) to Biometric Product Returns, IFB,5th floor Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY. You may have to pay a penalty of up to £1,000 if you fail to return an invalid BRP..

Settlement in the UK: what you need to know
Once you have indefinite leave to remain and have made the UK your home you are regarded as settled in the UK. You can find information on what it means to be settled in the UK at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/indefinite- ... -in-the-uk

Working in the UK
There is no immigration restriction on your ability to work in the UK. This means you may work in any business or profession, as an employee or self-employed. You must comply with the law and any statutory regulations for that business, profession or employment.

Travel
You should take your BRP with you when you travel outside the UK. If you travel without your BRP you may be refused re-entry to the UK

If you stay outside the UK or the Common Travel Area (meaning the UK, Ireland, the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey), for two or more years at a time your indefinite leave to remain will automatically end. If this happens you will need to apply for entry clearance as a returning resident before coming back to live in the UK. You can find further information on returning resident visas at https://www.gov.uk/returning-resident-visa

Additional Information

Spotted an error on your BRP?
If you think something is wrong on your BRP, such as your name, gender or it was damaged when you received it, you should let us know.

You only have 10 days from the date of receiving your BRP to let us know about such a problem. Otherwise you may have to apply and pay for a replacement.

Information on how to let us know can be found at https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem

Immigration bail
If you are on immigration bail, once you are granted indefinite leave to remain this will end automatically.

Registering with the police
If you previously had to register with the police, once you are granted indefinite leave to remain you no longer need to do this. You should return your police registration certificate to the office or police station where it was issued to you. If you are unable to do so, return it to the nearest issuing office or police station. You can find the nearest office or station here: http://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-pol ... o-register.

How we use your data
The Data Protection Act 2018 governs how we use personal data. For details of how we will use your personal information and who we may share it with please see our Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system at https:/www.gov.uk/government/publications/pers ... itizenship. This also explains your key rights under the Act, how you can access your personal information and how to complain if you have concerns.
Thank you so much for sharing this information, this is indeed very helpful for me as I still haven't received any reply from the Home Office. The only thing is that the returning address is different from what Zimba had mentioned, I wonder which address should I post my old BRP card to, or maybe both address are ok.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:34 pm

@Zimba, Please dont mislead people by saying that HO does not send any email about their decision on ILR. UKVI send mail for their decision for each and every application. I am surprised by your reply above.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:38 pm

garrick wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:34 pm
@Zimba, Please dont mislead people by saying that HO does not send any email about their decision on ILR. UKVI send mail for their decision for each and every application. I am surprised by your reply above.
Many applicants do not receive a letter/email and only receive a BRP card and this is based on people posting as such on the forum. No need to draw this to 'admins' attention, zimba is a moderator and therefore is 'admin'!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:06 pm

@CR001, All applicants receives decision email from UKVI as that is the only way for HO to communicate their decision. If anyone is saying that they have not received email then it means either mail is in their junk box or email id is changed after their application was submitted. If Zimba is moderator, then he should be more careful in sending wrong information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:07 pm

garrick wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:06 pm
@CR001, All applicants receives decision email from UKVI as that is the only way for HO to communicate their decision. If anyone is saying that they have not received email then it means either mail is in their junk box or email id is changed after their application was submitted. If Zimba is moderator, then he should be more careful in sending wrong information.
I personally know people who have not received emails in their inbox or junk folder. Many of my tier 5 applicants at work haven't received anything other than a BRP card
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:19 pm

@CR001, Please check response from Zimba carefully in post above. He has mentioned that UKVI is not sending email or letter at all which is totally wrong. There can be some exceptions as mentioned by you but saying that no one is receiving email is misleading. Please take appropriate action for this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:36 pm

garrick wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:19 pm
@CR001, Please check response from Zimba carefully in post above. He has mentioned that UKVI is not sending email or letter at all which is totally wrong. There can be some exceptions as mentioned by you but saying that no one is receiving email is misleading. Please take appropriate action for this.
your point has been made. Move on please and desist from taking this thread off topic!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:05 pm

Sorry CR001, I am not moving off topic. My replies are very much related to topic in discussion. What actions are taken if any moderator sends misleading info?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:28 pm

garrick wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:05 pm
Sorry CR001, I am not moving off topic. My replies are very much related to topic in discussion. What actions are taken if any moderator sends misleading info?
UKVI does NOT send any decision letters. This has been the case since 2018. Emails are not always sent either. BRP is the ONLY proof of your immigration status.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Application1221
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Application1221 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:42 pm

If they always send mail, what about them rejecting the application? How would you know if it’s been rejected if they don’t send email. My husband paid for super priority and we didn’t get any update. Tried calling HO but call just disconnects after messages are played.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:31 pm

Application1221 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:42 pm
If they always send mail, what about them rejecting the application? How would you know if it’s been rejected if they don’t send email. My husband paid for super priority and we didn’t get any update. Tried calling HO but call just disconnects after messages are played.
The OP's question was regrading a letter after the grant of ILR and receipt of BRP. You are now mixing things up. :!: