ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to Expedite visit visa application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tier 4
- thin ice -

How to Expedite visit visa application

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:44 pm

We have applied for my sister Standard Visitor Visa : 6 Months to help me out in my pregnancy. But seems like they are taking forever. We applied from Pakistan , Islamabad
Application submitted: 25/11/2021
Biometrics enrolled at : 13/12/ 2021

Anyone has any idea is it normal or is there any way to expedite her visa application. As i am in desperate need of help for my pregnancy

Thanks
N/A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to Expedite visit visa application

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:52 pm

There is no way to expedite an application.

There are delays for visitor visa applications and all she can do is wait.

Presumably she provided evidence of strong ties to her home country?

What purpose did she state her visit was for in the form and how long is she visiting??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:52 pm
There is no way to expedite an application.

There are delays for visitor visa applications and all she can do is wait.

Presumably she provided evidence of strong ties to her home country?

What purpose did she state her visit was for in the form and how long is she visiting??
Yes indeed, she has provided very strong ties with home country, being as a grandmother, wife , siblings etc and other lots of ties with home.

For UK its just us living here, her only tie to UK. And she only coming to give us a hand for a month or two during n after pregnancy time.

Thanks
N/A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:00 pm

How long exactly did she state she was going to visit the UK? Stating a 'month or two' is vague.

It is important to state exactly what she said in the form was her purpose of the visit?

If any indication was given that she is coming to the UK to help and effectively 'work' in helping you, she risks a visa refusal. Any form of work or help (paid or unpaid for family or non family) is strictly not permitted on a visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:00 pm
How long exactly did she state she was going to visit the UK? Stating a 'month or two' is vague.

It is important to state exactly what she said in the form was her purpose of the visit?

If any indication was given that she is coming to the UK to help and effectively 'work' in helping you, she risks a visa refusal. Any form of work or help (paid or unpaid for family or non family) is strictly not permitted on a visitor visa.
Top of my head , she stated just a month,

Well, we said she coming to visit us only for my pregnancy, and nothing else, and obviously unpaid. We provided pregnancy documents too.

So in this sense should we make up our mind for visa refusal?

Thanks
N/A

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:00 pm

So against the blowing wind my sister got her visit visa, by declared her intentions of helping me in my pregnancy.
N/A

pavitra2610
Newly Registered
India

Post by pavitra2610 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:52 pm

Hello, what documents did you apply with from your sister's side, can you please share the list, that would be of great help. Thank you

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:54 am

pavitra2610 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:52 pm
Hello, what documents did you apply with from your sister's side, can you please share the list, that would be of great help. Thank you
Well, generally speaking
1. Documents that shows ties to home country.
2. Documents that shows ties to the UK
N/A

pavitra2610
Newly Registered
India

Post by pavitra2610 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:07 pm

What documents did you provide for home ties ?