ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received approval for only one member

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dedekind
Newly Registered

Received approval for only one member

Post by dedekind » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:08 am

Hello,

a couple of months ago we applied for British Citizenship (me, my spouse and our child -- all of us on ILR previously), we did the application all together. The reference numbers are all the same with /00, /01 and /02 at the end.

I just received an email today (to my email address) informing that my spouse application has been approved with an invitation to the ceremony and so on, and the reference number they quote does not have "/01", it's just the main number.

Does this mean that all have been approved, or the other two are still pending? Is it strange that the approvals are not simultaneous given it's the same family?

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Received approval for only one member

Post by prs » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:20 am

The other 2 are still pending.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:32 am

Is it strange that the approvals are not simultaneous given it's the same family?
There is no family apllication process. Each application is processed and decided individually.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:21 am

I have the same situation, my spouse received approval but I have not. I called council and council confirmed that they received naturalisation decision for both me and my spouse.
I would recommend to call your council and check if they have received decision.

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:02 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:32 am
Is it strange that the approvals are not simultaneous given it's the same family?
There is no family apllication process. Each application is processed and decided individually.

You might want to check the 'Naturalisation Timeline..." thread...