ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transition to second 2.5 year spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mattyh83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Transition to second 2.5 year spouse visa

Post by mattyh83 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:59 am

Good morning,

I've previously had some great help from these boards when my wife and I applied for her spouse visa to the UK (unfortunately I've lost my log in details for original user account). However long story short - my wife and her son were granted 2.5 year spouse / family visas and we are currently into the second year.

My wife and son have BRP cards which expire April 2023 time. I have started looking ahead and from what I see we basically just need the same documents again but a slightly tougher English language certificate for my wife.

I have just a few questions I wonder if anyone here could help us with -

1. seeing as the BRP cards expire in April 2023 - roughly when should we submit our next visa applications?
2. do we just apply for the same visa again - the gov visa website doesn't really mention anything about an "extension" visa to make up the five years route?
3. my wife and her son have passports which would expire before the end of another 2.5 year visa granted from April 2023 - should we arrange for new passports for them before we apply for the next visas? I'm just a bit concerned as obviously new passports won't include their original UK entry visa / stamps.

Many thanks for any advice that can be offered for the above.

M

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Transition to second 2.5 year spouse visa

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:41 pm

mattyh83 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:59 am
Good morning,

I've previously had some great help from these boards when my wife and I applied for her spouse visa to the UK (unfortunately I've lost my log in details for original user account). However long story short - my wife and her son were granted 2.5 year spouse / family visas and we are currently into the second year.

My wife and son have BRP cards which expire April 2023 time. I have started looking ahead and from what I see we basically just need the same documents again but a slightly tougher English language certificate for my wife.

I have just a few questions I wonder if anyone here could help us with -

1. seeing as the BRP cards expire in April 2023 - roughly when should we submit our next visa applications?
2. do we just apply for the same visa again - the gov visa website doesn't really mention anything about an "extension" visa to make up the five years route?
3. my wife and her son have passports which would expire before the end of another 2.5 year visa granted from April 2023 - should we arrange for new passports for them before we apply for the next visas? I'm just a bit concerned as obviously new passports won't include their original UK entry visa / stamps.

Many thanks for any advice that can be offered for the above.

M
1. You can apply 28 days before completing 30 months in the UK from when you arrive here.
2. FLR M
3. Not an issue.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

mattyh83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mattyh83 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:10 pm

Thank you very much for clearing that up :)

All the best to you for 2022

M

mattyh83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mattyh83 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:09 pm

Hi again,

I've been reading about the documents required for our second FLR (M) application.

The part about proof of cohabitation is worrying me - in the 1.5 years since my wife has arrived the only bill her name is on is our council tax bill, and we only have one of those so far issued...

I read that we need 6 (or 12?) copies of bills showing both our names and address. We don't have anything like that...the only other bill we receive is the water bill quarterly...

Does anyone have advice/tips how we could make this up? I would have to try and get some backdated bills from somewhere if they would be accepted?

Many thanks for any help/advice as always

M