ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI survey

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sandy8832
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVI survey

Post by Sandy8832 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:30 pm

GOOD evening all
Happy new year.
Please can you share your experience.
I submitted online naturalisation application on the 12th November 2021. But yesterday the 6th January, I received UKVI survey. But no decision received. Does this mean anything? Have they concluded my application?
Please share your experience
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: UKVI survey

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:34 pm

I believe they are supposed to send these out after someone has been approved - these are regular occurances and there has been talk about system glitches. We can't assume anything about application status.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brazos » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:37 am

I applied 7 months ago as a spouse (Non-EU) and have been emailing home office but with generic responses as well as an email at the end of November saying it'll take longer due to complex issues, which I fail to comprehend. Have raised an SAR on 1st December but that's late as well with an email saying it'll take longer, involved MP who wrote to them about 3 weeks ago. Also strangely when I was returning from abroad in October the border control officer inquired if you have applied for naturalisation, I asked why and he said because your Biometric data has been deleted and it looks a decision has been made. Pretty baffling as well weird kind of situation.

As of yesterday I also got a survey email from UKVI for services rendered?? I have written to them again to ask what service as i haven't received any decision yet. Judging by some other posts on the same subject, some say that it probably means a decision has been taken. Kind of hoping against hope to hear from the home office soon. :)

Sandy8832
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sandy8832 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:55 am

Thanks for your response. Did the border officer let you in without causing issues despite of your BRC is cancelled ? We can keep in touch as if any get any further update!! All the best

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brazos » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:45 am

He said Biometric data on his computer. My BRP had no issues, I was let in, no issues.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:13 pm

i have also received the UKVI survey email on Jan 7th, no decision email yet.

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brazos » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:41 pm

It would be helpful to know the time frame people receive their decisions after this UKVI survey email. Please keep the forum posted.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:54 am

my spouse just received the email from the home office atlas inviting to book ceremony, 2 working days after the survey.
I have not receive anything even though we have applied together, have anyone had similar situation when spouse received and main applicant has not?

vj_tier2_migrant
Newly Registered

Post by vj_tier2_migrant » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:34 am

gabidzas wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:54 am
my spouse just received the email from the home office atlas inviting to book ceremony, 2 working days after the survey.
I have not receive anything even though we have applied together, have anyone had similar situation when spouse received and main applicant has not?
I received the survey on 6th Jan (in my wife's name). We applied as a family together with two kids, my wife and me.
This morning I received approval emails just for my kids and nothing yet for me or my wife. Hopefully, we will get it soon.

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brazos » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:57 am

Brazos wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:37 am
I applied 7 months ago as a spouse (Non-EU) and have been emailing home office but with generic responses as well as an email at the end of November saying it'll take longer due to complex issues, which I fail to comprehend. Have raised an SAR on 1st December but that's late as well with an email saying it'll take longer, involved MP who wrote to them about 3 weeks ago. Also strangely when I was returning from abroad in October the border control officer inquired if you have applied for naturalisation, I asked why and he said because your Biometric data has been deleted and it looks a decision has been made. Pretty baffling as well weird kind of situation.

As of yesterday I also got a survey email from UKVI for services rendered?? I have written to them again to ask what service as i haven't received any decision yet. Judging by some other posts on the same subject, some say that it probably means a decision has been taken. Kind of hoping against hope to hear from the home office soon. :)
Received survey email on 6th January, Thursday and got email to book ceremony (includes approval) this morning at 0940. Finally after 7 months and 4 days. And luckily was booked in for a group ceremony for tomorrow. Really happy. Best of luck to those who are waiting as it's the hardest part and often leads to some very stressful days but know that it's going to come through. This forum has not only been helpful but also served as emotionally supportive. Especial thanks to the moderators and members who have always been there for others.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:42 pm

My wife and I received the survey emails with 12 mins space between them on the 6th of Jan (last Thursday).

This morning I received the approval letter from Atlas :D :D :D
May wife is still waiting. If (hopefully) she receives the approval email this week, I will update this post. It might be a pattern (I hope).

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:42 pm

Hi @hobba2008,

What time on 6th you and your wife received the survey email?

I too received on Jan 6, 3:47 PM but have not received decision email.

Has there been any change on what status it shows https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/prove/id-question after BC approval email?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:57 pm

kumar84 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:42 pm
Hi @hobba2008,

What time on 6th you and your wife received the survey email?

I too received on Jan 6, 3:47 PM but have not received decision email.

Has there been any change on what status it shows https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/prove/id-question after BC approval email?

Thanks
The approval email does not confer citizenship - you are British once you have attended the ceremony. Until then your ILR status continues, so right of work system should not show any change. And once British you can forget about the website.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:39 pm

Thanks @alterhase58.

I just received approval email for 2 out of 3 of us.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:16 pm

My wife's approval email did not came in BUT she has just received an email confirming her ceremony :D
So it means the patten seems to be working!

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:23 pm

Yes right. One of my Kid did not receive, when I had called the council they said it has come .
It can be collected along with mine after ceremony.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:36 pm

good to hear that it is a case of missed emails while the naturalisation applications are approved. But would we be able to attend the ceremony in an event if the home office email never arrives?

vj_tier2_migrant
Newly Registered

Post by vj_tier2_migrant » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:57 pm

kumar84 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:23 pm
Yes right. One of my Kid did not receive, when I had called the council they said it has come .
It can be collected along with mine after ceremony.
Only my kids received the approval email but my wife and mine did not come yet.
After the approval email, would we wait for the ceremony invitation from the council?
Mine is the Bexley council and their website says below:

You will receive your invitation to a citizenship ceremony within 48 hours of your letter of approval from the Home Office.

You then need to email BexleyRegistrationCitizenship@kent.gov.uk or telephone 03000 411103 to arrange your ceremony in Bexley.

Sandy8832
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sandy8832 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:01 pm

Lucky you all :)
I'm still waiting. I tried call home office and they said its not possible for them to check the status plus I'm no way near 6 months frame.
No choice but to wait :)

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:31 pm

Sandy8832 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:01 pm
I'm still waiting. I tried call home office and they said its not possible for them to check the status plus I'm no way near 6 months frame.
I hoe you'll get it soon. My wife was on the brink of playing the dumb and call the council to ask about ceremony pretending she has already got Atlas's email :D

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:48 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:31 pm
Sandy8832 wrote:
I hoe you'll get it soon. My wife was on the brink of playing the dumb and call the council to ask about ceremony pretending she has already got Atlas's email :D

:D :D This made me laugh...

Yeah, lucky you all... Mine's been just a few days over 4 months and still nothing!

Biky
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by Biky » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:22 pm

I received the survey email on the 6th of January and got the email with the invite to the ceremony today 10th of January.

vj_tier2_migrant
Newly Registered

Post by vj_tier2_migrant » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:04 pm

Sandy8832 wrote:
I think you should have got the approval email by now!.. It looks like the emails are being sent in Alphabetical order (First names)... My kids got the email in the morning and my wife (name starts with "S") just received the approval email. I'm still waiting, my name starts with "V" ;-)
Good luck everyone!

vj_tier2_migrant
Newly Registered

Post by vj_tier2_migrant » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:24 pm

vj_tier2_migrant wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:04 pm
Sandy8832 wrote:
I think you should have got the approval email by now!.. It looks like the emails are being sent in Alphabetical order (First names)... My kids got the email in the morning and my wife (name starts with "S") just received the approval email. I'm still waiting, my name starts with "V" ;-)
Good luck everyone!
UPDATE: I received it too just now!

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:47 am

I have received email from Home Office Atlas as well. I wish best of luck to everyone!