ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1A Application questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CatBrom
Canada

EUTR1A form missing

Post by CatBrom » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:07 pm

Hello all,

I've posted on here before about how I will be applying as the de-facto partner of a British citizen who has been exercising treaty rights before Brexit. However, the EUTR1A form is gone and I cannot find it online. Was it removed? I cannot find anything stating there was a change, but now I am panicking. We have not been in a position to complete the form, as my partner needs to find work post-study but I was getting other documents together and I went to print the form off and I cannot find it.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: EUTR1A form missing

Post by littlerr » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:16 pm

Glad that you are finally ready.

Form is here: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... orm-1A.pdf

The new website is a bit difficult to navigate but you should still be able to find the form along with all requirements under the EU Treaty Rights section:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... ty-rights/

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:55 pm

Sorry for the delay in reply. We are finally applying because my partner became employed. Question: do I need to fill in Section 1D, for applicants who are dependents and/or members of the household? I am confused on this part.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:18 am

You only fill in this section if you are financially dependent on the EU national. This means, the EU National pays for all or a large majority of your accommodation, food, utility, study etc.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:09 am

Would I fill it out if I was, for a time (about 6 months), financially dependent but I am no longer nor was I for the majority of our relationship? Also, regarding the checklist: do I need to have every single thing? My partner won't have 2 payslips plus another one for the employer declaration for three months. Also, our utility bills are not in both our names. The internet is in his name while the electricity is in mine, but obviously it has the same address on it so I'm not sure if that's enough. I wish there were guidelines online but I can't find any.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:03 pm

No you don’t need to fill in that part.

For documents, you submit what you have, plus a brief cover letter to explain why you don’t have the rest. It’s absolutely fine not to have utility bills in both names. Very few people do joint accounts these days.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:32 pm

Okay thanks, makes sense. I appreciate all your help!

CatBrom
Canada

EU1A form, countries visited

Post by CatBrom » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:06 pm

Filling out the EU1A form and my partner and I both have to list every country we have gone to in the last 10 years.We haven’t lived in Ireland for 10 years so I’m not sure how to fill this out. Do I have to indicate each time I have entered Ireland when I lived in Ireland? How about entering Canada when I lived there? My partner is from the UK and visits his parents regularly, does he have to do the same thing? Out of an abundance of caution I listed every time I went somewhere even if it was back home (wherever were it was at the time) but this meant I had a good 6 pages worth.

meself2
Ireland

Re: EU1A form, countries visited

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:46 pm

Not sure. Maybe try emeiling EU Treaty Rights people and ask them? They tend to be rather responsible.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:12 pm

If you are talking about question 6.12, yes you need to provide details of all visits. There is no ambiguity on that.

And yes nobody can really remember and track all the old visits. You don't need to worry too much about them if you can't remember which exact day you travelled or how many days you travelled for.

Just take a look at your passport and find all the stamps. Put them in a spreadsheet one by one. Once you have put all the stamps in, sort them by dates and print it off.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:16 am

Thanks, I was just really unsure because my passport doesn’t get stamped every time I go to the UK. It depends on the airport but often it was treated like a domestic flight. I think I figured out every time but my partner has travelled to the UK far more than myself so he was concerned about missing days.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:00 am

Does anyone have a PDF of the EU1A form that doesn’t have this horrible dark bar messing up the second to last page? You can see it on their version of the form on their site: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... orm-1A.pdf

CatBrom
Canada

Passport-sized photos EU1A

Post by CatBrom » Mon May 16, 2022 4:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a question as I couldn’t find clarity anywhere. I need to send in passport-sized photos (I assume Irish passport size) for my EU1A application. The form says they must also be signed on the back, but it doesn’t say by who. The photo taker? Myself? Or a witness? Thanks!

CatBrom
Canada

EUT1A application, small address error on bank statements

Post by CatBrom » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:40 am

Hi there,

Me and my fiancé are finally finishing up our EUT1A application. But we noticed today that the address on his bank statements has a small error: the flat number, street, and city are correct but we have the wrong number for the district in Dublin we live in (he put Dublin 8 instead of the correct one). I was thinking we could explain this in the cover letter as well as cross out the 8, put the 4, and sign our initials. We have other proof of address too, namely our tenancy agreement, the internet bill in his name, and our tax documents, but I am still somewhat concerned. Does anyone know if Treaty Rights will kick up a fuss about it? Thanks.

CatBrom
Canada

Re: EUT1A application, small address error on bank statements

Post by CatBrom » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:53 pm

Does anyone have any advice?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:26 pm

This might be a bit too specific of an issue for someone to give a reliable advice I'm afraid, but to be honest I doubt that'll cause a lot of issues if all the other things are in order.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:45 pm

At this point, it's too late to change anything. So just mention this in your cover letter. Don't cross out anything on any of your documents. Just explain, and see what they say. No need to get over worried up front.

CatBrom
Canada

EU1A Application questions

Post by CatBrom » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:09 am

I’m back again. This application is taking forever to compile since I am sending as much proof as I can to show we’ve been together for 10 years and living together for almost 7. I had some questions about the form though that are confusing.

Section 1E: this is for additional info. Do I need to fill this out? It asks about emotional or physical support, with evidence. I don’t know what that would entail, if I need to discuss it. The checklist itself has a section on dependency but I am not a dependent of my partner, we share expenses and he has covered some for me but we have for the majority of living together shared expenses and costs.

CatBrom
Canada

Re: EU1A Application questions

Post by CatBrom » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:24 pm

A follow-up to my last question: if something on the form is missing, or they need more info, will we have the chance to provide it or will it be rejected?