ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Awaiting outcome of Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Awaiting outcome of Naturalisation Application

Post by Globe Trotter » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:35 am

Hello everybody,

It is six months now since I gave my biometrics for Naturalization application. I haven't received any response as yet.

I have even complained to the Home Office asking for the outcome but they haven't replied as well.

Is this normal?

What else can I do to expedite the outcome of my application?

Kind regards.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Awaiting outcome of Naturalisation Application

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:00 pm

Unfortunately it's quite normal - i.e. you don't get any kind of update until the decision is sent.
You can follow up with the UKVI helpline but they are not caseworkers and can't put you through.
Many people suggest contact your MP but there also reports that MPs only get the same replies or none.
Alternatively just wait a bit longer ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:27 am

My application took over 7 months, even got a call from the caseworker asking for few documents and when I asked how long will it take the case worker said you will get reply within 3 weeks, believe me it took 2 months for them to make decision, don't trust home office, they are ignorant, stupid, lazy bunch of workers.
Stay positive, hopefully you will get reply soon
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:11 am

Dear all,

I got my ILR on the basis of Tier 1 Entrepreneur route, 200k.

The company that I had formed for this route, though live, is not actively trading.

Can I close this company considering the fact that my Naturalization application is still pending with the Home Office since last 8 months?

Will closing this company raise any doubts or suspicion? (Please note that this company has been running in losses since the time it has been incorporated).

Will closing this company adversely affect the outcome of my Naturalization application?

Can anyone suggest if I have to keep this company operational, till the outcome of my Naturalization application, just to appease the Home Office?

Many thanks in advance.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:13 pm

Hello Gurus,

Can anybody please help me out with my query?

Kindest regards,

Globe Trotter wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:11 am
Dear all,

I got my ILR on the basis of Tier 1 Entrepreneur route, 200k.

The company that I had formed for this route, though live, is not actively trading.

Can I close this company considering the fact that my Naturalization application is still pending with the Home Office since last 8 months?

Will closing this company raise any doubts or suspicion? (Please note that this company has been running in losses since the time it has been incorporated).

Will closing this company adversely affect the outcome of my Naturalization application?

Can anyone suggest if I have to keep this company operational, till the outcome of my Naturalization application, just to appease the Home Office?

Many thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:50 pm

On the face of it it should not be an issue.
Naturalisation is based on certain statutory requirements including "Good character" - don't think it's a question of "appeasing the Home Office".
If everything is above board, no serial bancrupties, defaults, etc. Naturalisation hasn't got earnings or profits requirements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:32 am

Many thanks alterhase58.

Bless you and your clan!

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:21 am

Hello,

If I apply for my British Passport, what are the chances that HM passport office will again ask me to get someone to verify my identity (Any recognised professional who has known the applicant for 2 years, blah..blah...blah, should confirm that the photograph submitted is a true likeness of the applicant).

There is a requirement that mentions this.

Do they do it for everybody who has applied for a British Passport?

Thanks and regards.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:01 am

Yes - it's a requirement for every applicant and separate from your naturalisation application. You can of course use the professional referee from that.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:46 pm

Many thanks alterhase58.
Bless you.