ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date on IRP card after renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kupuser
Ireland

Date on IRP card after renewal

Post by kupuser » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:42 pm

Hi.

I had applied for my stamp 1 (based on CSEP) to be renewed to Stamp 4. It was expiring on 3rd of December 2021 so I applied on 3rd of November.

I received my new card but the date of issue is 4th of January 2022 instead of 4th of December 2021.

Does this mean I had a 1 month gap in terms of permission (IRP card)? Will this affect me when I eventually apply for citizenship?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Date on IRP card after renewal

Post by meself2 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:40 am

First of all, there is an extension of permissions until Jan 15th for any permission that ends before this date (https://www.irishimmigration.ie/final-t ... rmissions/), so technically your Stamp 1 permission was prolonged until Jan 4th, when you got a new permission and there is no gap. There is also an extension till May 31st, but it's not relevant for you.
Also, since you did everything at the earliest possible time, I don't think you should be blamed for the processing speed of applications inside I IS, as you can only apply a month before.
You can just say you were in the state legally (due to extension) and applied as early as possible, I would assume that will be satisfactory.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:54 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I think that makes sense.

gurnaam21
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gurnaam21 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:27 pm

Hi, How do you input extension dates in Residency calculater? Is it from date your permission expired to 31st may or the date minster announced the extension. In my case permission is expiring on 4th feb 2022.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:41 pm

gurnaam21 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:27 pm
Hi, How do you input extension dates in Residency calculater? Is it from date your permission expired to 31st may or the date minster announced the extension. In my case permission is expiring on 4th feb 2022.
I'd definitely would advise you not to hijack others' threads.
I, personally, entered my original IRP card validity and underneath it, on the next slot - from the last day of my validity till the end of the extension, explaining it all in a cover letter. But I've just submitted a citizenship application, no response yet.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.