ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term EU residence permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Khan2019
Ireland

Long term EU residence permit

Post by Khan2019 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:23 pm

Hello there, is it ​possible to come in Ireland to work and live for someone who has got his eu long term residence permit from Poland? If so where can I find the detail about it?
TIA

meself2
Ireland

Re: Long term EU residence permit

Post by meself2 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:21 pm

Don't think so, honestly. The only options I can think of are intra-company transfer (if your multinational firm sends you to work in Ireland) or under Van der Elst (when your employer in Poland needs you to come to Ireland to do your job) but in all cases you'll have to get an Irish visa/residence permit. Polish permit will not satisfy, I don't think it alone gives you right to work anywhere but Poland.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Long term EU residence permit

Post by mentalmind » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:37 pm

No, EU long residence permits do not allow non EU person to live or work in Ireland.