ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK presence Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bd1982
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK presence Naturalisation application

Post by bd1982 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:28 pm

Hi members, do I need to be in UK for my naturalisation application? Or I can apply from abroad if I meet allother requirements? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK presence Naturalisation application

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:37 pm

You need to apply in the UK. You also have to list all your travel out if the UK, which they check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bd1982
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bd1982 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:20 am

Thank you CR001. I am currently outside of UK for 2 months 10 days. I also checked my travel history 5 years back. Due to that travel I cannot apply within next 22 days. Hence should I need to wait another year? Please advice. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:39 am

You simply apply when you meet the requirements. Impossible for us to say when that will be based on the very limited information you have provided.

There are 3 key things you need to meet.

You must have been physically present in the UK at the start of the 5 year qualifying period, literally to the date you apply for citizenship.

You must not have more than 450 days absence in the whole 5 years immediately prior to applying.

You must not have had more than 90 days absence in the 12 months immediately prior to applying (some leeway is given for 100 or 110 days but is not guaranteed).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.