ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application under tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stickynote123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

ILR application under tier 2

Post by Stickynote123 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:02 pm

I am making an application for ILR under tier 2 visa. home guidance is
You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backward from
whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
• the date of decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application

my first biometric start date was 2nd Feb 2017 and I first entered UK on 10th Feb 2017. based on this, five year qualifying period will end on either of two dates mentioned. I am not sure when my qualifying period ends and how to work out 28 time to apply. also, could someone help what application date /decision date the home office guidance referring to?

can someone please help?

silver75
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application under tier 2

Post by silver75 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:25 am

Yes; although the guidance mentions date of application for Tier 2 visa date, date of decision letter issued by UKVI for Tier 2, to be safe, I would either use BRP issue date or the 1 month passport vignette date (which should be same with the decision letter), whichever is beneficial to you. Your entering date to the UK is irrelevant. Assuming that BRP date is beneficial, then just count 28 days backward from 2 Feb 2022. This gives you the earliest day that you can apply.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:57 am

Stickynote123 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:02 pm
• the date of decision

my first biometric start date was 2nd Feb 2017 and I first entered UK on 10th Feb 2017. based on this, five year qualifying period will end on either of two dates mentioned. I am not sure when my qualifying period ends and how to work out 28 time to apply. also, could someone help what application date /decision date the home office guidance referring to?

can someone please help?
Decision date as per the issuance date of your first leave granted.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:50 pm

My understanding is:
2nd bullet point the date of decision is the the date when ILR is approved/refused. This will be usually the most beneficial one out of the three options if not paying for priority because standard ILR application is seldom decided within 28 days. Technically, the applicant can submit even more than 28 days before 5th anniversary, provided that the date of decision is after the 5th anniversary. However, I agree the usual advice to submit 28 days before is a safer option, especially when paying for priority.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

fakhardr55
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fakhardr55 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:32 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:57 am
Stickynote123 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:02 pm
• the date of decision

can someone please help?
Decision date as per the issuance date of your first leave granted.
Stickynote123 can u plz share if u have applied for ur ILR and which date did u calculate the 28days period from?
Last edited by fakhardr55 on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.