ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in the UK but applying first passport from Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Child born in the UK but applying first passport from Pakistan

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:02 pm

My child was born in the UK but then they left UK as my ILR application was pending. I registered my child as bc after getting ILR. How long it takes first british passport for a child from Pakistan?. Do we need DNA test even though my child was born in the UK?.
Can I apply my child "right to abode certificate" and bring to uk and then apply for Passport or I have to apply for British Passport?. Or can simply apply visit visa(which seems highly unlikely as child is already registered as BC)?. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in the UK but applying first passport from Pakistan

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:06 pm

Do we need DNA test even though my child was born in the UK?.
No, because the child was Registered as British, i.e. not British automatically.
Can I apply my child "right to abode certificate" and bring to uk and then apply for Passport
Yes.
or I have to apply for British Passport?.

No.
Or can simply apply visit visa(which seems highly unlikely as child is already registered as BC)?.
No you cannot do this. A visitor visa will be refused as a British citizen cannot be issued with a visa as they already have the right to live in the UK without restrictions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Re: Child born in the UK but applying first passport from Pakistan

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:21 pm

Thanks and you are really doing amazing job to assist others.
CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:06 pm
Do we need DNA test even though my child was born in the UK?.
No, because the child was Registered as British, i.e. not British automatically.
Can I apply my child "right to abode certificate" and bring to uk and then apply for Passport
Yes.
or I have to apply for British Passport?.

No.
Or can simply apply visit visa(which seems highly unlikely as child is already registered as BC)?.
No you cannot do this. A visitor visa will be refused as a British citizen cannot be issued with a visa as they already have the right to live in the UK without restrictions.