ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Neutralization Application Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumar84
India

Neutralization Application Query

Post by kumar84 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:56 pm

Dear Members,

I am about to apply for Neutralization next week and started filling in application and require advice on below questions :

1. Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time? Yes
My wife is not applying with me so I mention as Yes and give her details

2. Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Do I need to include ILR , TIer 2 (G) , Business VIsas and Tier 2 ICT details?

Name in which you made the application : Is this my name or the Visa Type ?

Enter your reference number if known: I assume this is non mandatory. as I dont have details

Previous partner's Details: I don't know any details except for her first name and Maiden name.
I don't remember the Date we divorced. the documents are in my home country

Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and
their application to be registered as a British Citizen?

Any thing needs to be mentioned?

For English Language :

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English

I did my degree in English,however for my ILR I used B1 level exam. So for below question what I need to answer ?

Children Application :

I am applying along with me for my non UK born children.They have not lived for 5 years , now hold ILR but have not completed 1 year on ILR , I still can apply along with my application right?

One question they ask is :

I would still like my child (as stated in this application) to be registered as a British citizen even if my own application for British citizenship is refused.
Do I answer Yes ?

5 Years address for Child : They have not stayed in the UK for 5 years how do I add address. My elder first stayed for 6 months and was away for more than a year and now in the UK for last one year.

How do I mention this? Do I mention non UK address?

Referee :
I plan to use my family friends as referee's 1) Accountant , 2) IT Professional as Referee

Can I use the same referee for all 3 of us ? My elder has just started nursery a week ago and younger is still not in school. I am unsure the school would give any reference. How do I go about it.
One is just 3 years and another below 3 years , The requirement that the referee should know them for 3yrs would not be applicable to them right?

Do we need to download the referee form for all 3 of us and provide attach photo and get signed from referee to be uploaded?

Thanks in advance.
Kumar
Note: My previous old post is locked so starting a new topic

kumar84
India

Re: Neutralization Application Query

Post by kumar84 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:58 pm

Dear Members,

Can you Kindly guide?

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:22 pm

Dear Seniors, alterhase58 , CR001 , vinny ,

Can you guide me on the referee requirement for Children ? Can I use my both referrees (family friends) as I use for my children?

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

MN1 referee Forgot cover letter

Post by kumar84 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:46 am

Dear Members,
I have submitted and given biometric for MN1 application along with Myself for my children.
We all have the same referee as adult. For children (3.5 and 2 yrs old) , I tried contacting our GP for referee and they said they could not.

However I forgot to upload a cover letter saying I could not provide referee professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

Should I contact them by emailing to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk providing explanation or wait till they contact me?

Kindly advice

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:33 am

Best to send an email now on the address you have or try also these@
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk
though you may not get a response immediately.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:54 pm

Thanks. I will email to all three email address and attach email evidence I got from GP.

However would there be any negative impact on application on Child application as they are only less than 4 yrs old

trueindian2013
India

Post by trueindian2013 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:19 pm

Hi Kumar, did you get response from them? My friend is in a similar situation on referees.

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:14 am

Hi @trueindian2013 ,
Sorry, acutally I have not sent any email yet.
Thanks

kumar84
India

Does right to work status change

Post by kumar84 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:22 am

Dear All,

I have received UKVI Survey email and from previous posts, I understand that this does not mean decision has been made. However does the status change on <right-to-work.service.gov.uk> decision has been made? Any advice.

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

British Citizenship with excessive absence help!

Post by kumar84 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:37 pm

Dear Members,

Has anyone applied for British Citizenship with excessive absence on 3yrs route?

The applicant was away between July 2019 till September 2020 (over 448days)
We had applied for child visa in March 2020 however because of lockdown we received only it in July 2020 and traveled in September 2020
5Yrs cannot be applied because the leave exceed 742 days.

The guidance says ;
• at least 2 years residence (for applications under section 6(1)), or 1 year (for applications under section 6(2)), without substantial absences immediately prior to the beginning of the qualifying period. If the period of absence is greater than
730 days (for section 6(1)) or 450 days (for section 6(2)) the period of residence must be at least 3 or 2 years respectively

If we submit the application in Feb 2022, 3 yrs Qualifying Period is from Feb 2019.
What does "without substantial absences immediately prior to the beginning of the qualifying period " this mean?

Does this mean 2yrs before of Feb 2019 meaning between Feb 2019 to Feb 2019 ? How many days does substantial absences mean?
She worked for 3 months but has now left the job (have payslips)
Have kid going to Nursery
Lives in own house (not registered/mortgaged under her name)
She plans to start job after couple of months.

Will above be sufficient to prove strong ties to UK

Can you advice?

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Documents for First passport

Post by kumar84 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:50 pm

Dear Members,

Can you confirm what documents needs to be sent for first Adult and First Child passport after naturalisation and registration

Adult:
1. Original naturalisation Certificate
2. Original Passport

Child:
1. Original registration certificate
2. Non UK BOrn Birth Certificate
3. Original Passport

Are there any other documents that needs to be sent

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:20 pm

For child it's 1 + 3 only.
The online process will confirm the requirements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kumar84
India

How to cancel and reapply New passport

Post by kumar84 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:31 am

Hello Members,
I had submitted my first UK passport application yesterday and waiting for it be 'identy verified'. I just realised I have given my parents name as in their passport and not mine. Mothers name in her passport is Maiden name, but my Indian passport has the family name. HOw do I cancel/edit this and resubmit.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to cancel and reapply New passport

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:36 pm

kumar84 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:31 am
Hello Members,
I had submitted my first UK passport application yesterday and waiting for it be 'identy verified'. I just realised I have given my parents name as in their passport and not mine. Mothers name in her passport is Maiden name, but my Indian passport has the family name. HOw do I cancel/edit this and resubmit.

Thanks,
Why would it matter??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kumar84
India

UK Passport

Post by kumar84 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:51 pm

Dear All,

I applied UK passport for my 2 children and myself on Jan 18, Application for 1 child and I has been approved.
Current status for another child says "Your application is being processed"

Received "Document received" :28 Jan
second "Document received" : 8 Feb.

I called them yesterday they said its approved on 9th and should receive the passport shortly. The status online would take some to update.

It stills shows same, and I called this morning and they said the application is still in Progress.

I am now confused as different people are giving different updates

Is there anything I could do or just wait .

Any advice

kumar84
India

Urgent Help !! Passport on Hold because of laminated Birth Certificate

Post by kumar84 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:02 pm

Dear Memebers,

Need urgent help on how to proceed?

I have just received post from HMPO saying that they are unable to validate my daughters birth certificate because its Laminated.
When we received the birth certificate we received it with lamination. I have sent her Indian Passport along with the Birth Certificate and Registration certificate.

I am unsure how do I proceed.

Thanks,
Kumar