ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent VISA on ILR - NHS Surcharge

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeebaltistani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Dependent VISA on ILR - NHS Surcharge

Post by zeebaltistani » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:43 pm

i am on ILR, which is expiring on 2024 and applying for my wife visa, i chose applying outside UK and started application as "Appendix FM Partner". On NHS Surcharge page, i have selected following options under "person you are joining"
visa rout: settlement
visa type: child or other dependent

now under my wife details on NHS surcharge page, visa type becomes, settlement and type is Wife. these are read only fields and i can't change them.

when i continue with this information i get £0 NHS surcharge page as shown in attached image. am i doing something wrong here or there is no NHS surcharge for dependent visa on ILR?

if this is wrong than how do i fix it with new application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent VISA on ILR - NHS Surcharge

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:03 pm

Visa type: child or other dependent
This is wrong I think. Read the question carefully and look carefully at the options.

Remember your wife is the applicant and her details are put in the form.

If you can't change it, you will have to start the application again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkleaa9
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sparkleaa9 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:34 pm

zeebaltistani wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:43 pm
i am on ILR, which is expiring on 2024 and applying for my wife visa, i chose applying outside UK and started application as "Appendix FM Partner". On NHS Surcharge page, i have selected following options under "person you are joining"
visa rout: settlement
visa type: child or other dependent

now under my wife details on NHS surcharge page, visa type becomes, settlement and type is Wife. these are read only fields and i can't change them.

when i continue with this information i get £0 NHS surcharge page as shown in attached image. am i doing something wrong here or there is no NHS surcharge for dependent visa on ILR?

if this is wrong than how do i fix it with new application?
I am just on 'calculate immigration surcharge' website and i think you selecting the wrong category. It should be

- Applying Alone
- Visa Route - Settlement
- Visa Type Wife
Total health Surchage : £1872. (this seems the correct figure).

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Iffe » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:51 pm

Hi,
I am in same situation, (settlement: adult or child) just made the application for my child and it’s says IHS exempted and gives me Refernce number without payment.
I read some other thread and get idea that ECO will send me link for IHS payment. Is that correct ?
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:20 am

Iffe wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:51 pm
Hi,
I am in same situation, (settlement: adult or child) just made the application for my child and it’s says IHS exempted and gives me Refernce number without payment.
I read some other thread and get idea that ECO will send me link for IHS payment. Is that correct ?
Thanks
What you have read is correct, for child application you won't get to pay the IHS till ECO/CW starts attending to the application and send you payment link.