ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Neutralization Application Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vasudev1987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Neutralization Application Query

Post by Vasudev1987 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:29 pm

Dear sir/ madam

I was came in uk 2010 as student visa but unforeseen reason my college was closed and I was illegal in uk since 2011 to 2014 on sep to 2014 I was arrested as overstayed but my partner was raleased me from detntion centre on the mean time I was regularly go to imigration signing on 2015 home office gave me permission for marriage with my partner after marriage I want to india on July 2015 and I got spouse visa on 5 year root after the five year root I got my ilr and now I want to apply naturalisation

My question is does my overstayed period of 2011 till 2014 will effect on my citizenship application or some body Told me my application will consider as a overrule because I was been to india in 2015 and apply fresh application on spouse visa please advice ?

secret.simon

Re: Neutralization Application Query

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:28 am

I have split your question into a separate thread as it was not related to the previous thread that you had posted the question in.

You should apply for naturalisation on or after the 10th anniversary of the day you ceased to be an overstayer, which is either the day you left the UK in 2015 or, if you were granted a spouse visa within the UK before that, the day you were granted that spouse visa.
Vasudev1987 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:29 pm
does my overstayed period of 2011 till 2014 will effect on my citizenship application
Yes.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Vasudev1987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vasudev1987 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:00 am

Thank you very much
So can I apply as discussnaory neutralisation application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:40 am

An application for citizenship is a discretionary one already.

Any application you make before you have 10 years of no overstay is highly likely to be refused and you will lose your fee paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vasudev1987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vasudev1987 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:36 am

Thank you very much again for your reply

I did consult with one solicter and he recommend me to apply naturalisations because I was sent back india as a vouluntuer on 2015 and came back sep 2015 on spouse visa as five year route in this five year period I got ilr and before 2015 if you are overstayed that rule wasn’t reply on your case if you didn’t went back to india then this rule will apply

He advices me that can you please advice me again thank you