ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application, date of receipt by UKVI

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elajo
Newly Registered
Philippines

Citizenship application, date of receipt by UKVI

Post by elajo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:53 pm

Hi,

I am applying for citizenship as well and would like to ask for advice.
It says that the applicant should be physically present on the day 5 years before the application is received by home office.
I want to apply this January however, I was out of the country 1-4 Feb 2017. ( My ILR was granted Nov 2020). And I don't know when will the application be received by home office (will be applying online). Is it safe to do the application after these dates instead?

Thank you.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship application, date of receipt by UKVI

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:17 pm

1. Do not tag your questions o to other members topics please.

2. Date of application (and date of receipt by UKVI) is the date you submit and pay online. So apply on any date before or after the dates your were absent in February 5 years ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

elajo
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by elajo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:17 pm
1. Do not tag your questions o to other members topics please.

2. Date of application (and date of receipt by UKVI) is the date you submit and pay online. So apply on any date before or after the dates your were absent in February 5 years ago.
Sorry about that.

One more thing, do I also have to be here physically 5 years ago when I receive the approval letter?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:32 pm

do I also have to be here physically 5 years ago when I receive the approval letter?
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.