ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police registration not stamped on passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xuchang1032
Newly Registered

Police registration not stamped on passport

Post by xuchang1032 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:38 am

Hi

I am on Tier 2 General visa, and moved to the current address 1 year ago. And I went to the police station to report my change of address, the officer stamped on my police registration certificate. But he didn't stamp on my passport. I got such passport stamps in my previous change of address (reported to the different police station).

Do I need to worry about this missing stamp? Should I go to the police station and ask them directly?

Thanks in advance
Chang

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Police registration not stamped on passport

Post by ywlgy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:33 pm

No need to worry.
The passport was only stamped when reporting a new visa and the police stopped doing that last year.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

xuchang1032
Newly Registered

Post by xuchang1032 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Thanks @ywlgy

Another question:
I renewed my passport half a year ago. So I have a new passport number now. Do I need to report this change to the police?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:34 pm

xuchang1032 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:39 pm
Thanks @ywlgy

Another question:
I renewed my passport half a year ago. So I have a new passport number now. Do I need to report this change to the police?
Yes, you should have reported that within 8 days. The back of certificate tells you what needs to be reported
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.