ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport and OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

testinguk2010
India

British passport and OCI

Post by testinguk2010 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:46 am

Morning Admin.

i plan to apply for naturalization. I have a few queries to understand the process. Kindly help me

My father has agricultural land in India where he would be giving his asset to me after 2 or 3 years. If I get a British passport and OCI this year, I believe I can inherit the agricultural land when he gives it in the future to me ?.
1. what is the process. is it a gift or a normal sale deed

2. Assume if I own inherited agriculture from my father (as a British passport and oci) if I sell the agricultural land to some one (after inheritance) it would be subject to 23% as nonresident, is it true?

3. can I give the inherited land to my wife (ilr) or my children(British passport)
how much taxes roughly i have to pay in India and how much capital gain taxes i have to pay in the UK?

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: British passport and OCI

Post by mesn » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:46 pm

testinguk2010 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:46 am
Morning Admin.

i plan to apply for naturalization. I have a few queries to understand the process. Kindly help me

My father has agricultural land in India where he would be giving his asset to me after 2 or 3 years. If I get a British passport and OCI this year, I believe I can inherit the agricultural land when he gives it in the future to me ?.
1. what is the process. is it a gift or a normal sale deed

2. Assume if I own inherited agriculture from my father (as a British passport and oci) if I sell the agricultural land to some one (after inheritance) it would be subject to 23% as nonresident, is it true?

3. can I give the inherited land to my wife (ilr) or my children(British passport)
how much taxes roughly i have to pay in India and how much capital gain taxes i have to pay in the UK?
You are able to inherit. Not able to buy an agricultural land as non-resident.
Not sure about the taxation but again are able to gift it to anyone you want.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022