ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with a spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

boromir
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Need help with a spouse visa

Post by boromir » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:06 am

Hi Im applying for a spouse visa from bangladesh. my wife and i both have written separate letters to be included with the application. i was an overstayer and have a ccj which is already paid for. following letters are completely honest account of what happend. i thank you in advance for all your help.

my letter

Dear Entry Clearance Officer,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to you to facilitate my application for a spouse visa to join my wife arwen in the UK.

In october 2010 I went to the UK as a student and finished a diploma program in Computing with distinctions. With high hopes for the future, in 2014 I made an application for Bsc. hons in Cyber Security in the University of ministereth. I met all the criteria set by the university and made half of the first year’s payment. However, prior to my application to the university I was studying in a professional Graduate Diploma program which I was unable to complete due to the closure of the college that I was enrolled in. To provide me with an unconditional offer, the university required evidence that I was indeed a student and had no study gap between 2013 to 2014. To my horror, I realised that I will not be able to provide the university with such a statement from the college because the college wasn't there anymore. The university advised me to return to my country.

Devastated, scared and depressed, I assumed that I would not be granted a visa given the nature of my status even if I made an application from my country and would lose all the money that my dad had sent me with so much hope and trust. I couldn't bear standing in front of my family and telling them what I have done. Blinded by my idiocy, I decided not to inform my family of my situation. At age 24, barely an adult, without asking anyone's advice, I made the worst decision possible.

In 2018 I was introduced to arwen at a friend’s house. We started talking about our interests and passions. I talked about quantum physics while she talked about history and politics. We really liked each other's company and so after a few more meetings I asked my family to send a proposal to her family. On 30th of December 2018 our relationship was solemnised in the presence of both of our families.

Soon after, we started the arrangement for my return to Bangladesh and booked my ticket. However, due to Covid-19 pandemic our ticket was cancelled by the airline company. We waited eagerly for the pandemic to end. Then, after the summer holiday 2021, when the travel ban was lifted we booked our tickets for the second time and returned to Bangladesh with arwen. On the 23rd of december 2021 after three years of living together we registered our marriage at the office of Muslim Marriage, Devorce Registrar and Kazi in Bangladesh.

I do not know what the future holds for me but I would very much like to pursue a career in cyber security and contribute to the British economy not only by means of taxation but also reducing the shortage of skilled IT security professionals. I am eager to join the British workforce and secure the UK's interests at home and abroad.

All my adult life I have adored and adhered to British values and etiquettes and in return I have received nothing but kindness. This letter is not a justification of what I have done, rather a plea for mercy to be with my wife whom I love dearly. I hope this letter conveys my desperate appeal to your humanity to allow me to join my wife in the UK.

I hope this letter and the supporting documents that I've provided help you with your decision making. I'll be eagerly waiting to hear from you soon.

Yours faithfully
aragorn

her letter

I am writing to support the application of my husband Aragorn to join me here in the UK via a spouse visa.

I would first like to confirm that I am a British citizen having been born here in Rivendell, UK (Appendix 9) and now living and working in Birmingham (Appendix 10).

Currently, I am employed as a Teacher of elf magic and Whole School Literacy Co-ordinator at Rivendell school for nerds (Appendix 11). I have been working here for six years and am earning a salary of £41,744(Appendix 12) . I am confident that with this income, my husband and I will be able to live independently without any reliance on public funds(appendix 12b). Further to this, I have every intention of supporting my husband in establishing his professional career here so that he too can join the skilled British workforce and contribute to the economy via income tax. I am extremely proud of my contributions to society and my husband too, is eager to live a life that will benefit others by giving instead of taking.

In terms of living arrangements, I rent a two-bedroom house and have been doing so for three years (Appendix 13). I pay a rent of £650 monthly as well as council tax and utilities (Appendix 14 and 15). Should my husband’s application be successful, this is the property where we will both live whilst we work together to eventually save up enough money and buy our own home in the near future.

I have been in a formal relationship with my husband Aragorn since October 2018. We met at a mutual friend’s house and felt comfortable getting to know one another, having similar interests – intellectual and recreational – and have since enjoyed holidays together hiking, camping and days out to the theatre, museums and cinema. We solemnised our relationship in an Islamic ceremony witnessed by both our families in December 2018 and married legally in Bangladesh in December 2021 (Appendix 4). The separation has been difficult but given the nature of my work in a school, I was unable to stay in Bangladesh longer, nor could I travel earlier given the serious nature of the global pandemic.

In closing, I would like to reiterate the integrity of our relationship and the vigour of my confidence that my husband joining me here in the UK will not be a burden on public funds. We have every intention and capability of living independently whilst contributing and I hope that you take this along with our supporting documents into consideration when making your final decision.

I look forward to receiving your correspondence soon whilst being optimistic of good news.

Yours faithfully,

Arwen.

Supporting Documents

Appendices

Appendix A Copy of arwens passport* —-------------------------------
Appendix B: Appraisal letter —------------------------------------------------
Job contract —---------------------------------------------------
Appendix C: Salary statement* —---------------------------------------------
P60 form —--------------------------------------------------------
Payslips —---------------------------------------------------------
Appendix D: Bank statement —-----------------------------------------------
Appendix E: Rental Agreement* —--------------------------------------------
Bank Statement —-----------------------------------------------
Appendix F: Council tax bill —-------------------------------------------------
Appendix G: Marriage certificate* —-------------------------------------------
Appendix H: CEFR B1 certificate* —------------------------------------------
Appendix I: Medical certificate* —--------------------------------------------
Appendix J: Photo album —---------------------------------------------------
Appendix K: Cancelled Ticket —----------------------------------------------
Email from travel agent —--------------------------------------
Appendix L: Holiday tickets —-------------------------------------------------
Appendix M: Arwen and aragorns air ticket —------------------------------
Appendix N: Wedding invites —-----------------------------------------------
Appendix O: Email from the university —-----------------------------------
Appendix P: WhatsApp Text —------------------------------------------------

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Need help with a spouse visa

Post by THO » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:59 am

Firstly, I think you have put in rather too much personal identifying information. Perhaps blank names and work places.

Secondly, you have not asked a question, what is it you want?

boromir
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by boromir » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:55 am

Thank you for your reply. I assure you my name is not aragorn and my wifes name is not arwen neither she teaches elf magic in rivandell school of nerds these are characters from lord of the rings. my question is what are my chances of getting a spouse visa given that im an overstayer and i have a ccj.

boromir
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by boromir » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:57 am

Thank you for your reply. I assure you my name is not aragorn and my wifes name is not arwen neither she teaches elf magic in rivandell school of nerds these are characters from lord of the rings. my question is what are my chances of getting a spouse visa given that im an overstayer and i have a ccj.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:44 am

Have you not heard of sarcasm?

My point was you did not have a question, just a couple of covering letters. I wish you luck in your endeavour, but not sure anyone can answer your question though.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:45 am

boromir wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:57 am
Have you ever used the NHS during your time being an overstayer? Have you ever been caught? if yes you have to declare all of these. If none of these apply, overstaying alone isn't reason they can refuse you unless they found some aggravating circumstances.

All the best
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

boromir
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by boromir » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:26 pm

Thank you so much. I have never used NHS and was never caught or did anything illegal. But I did have a ccj which I didn't pay until November last year.

boromir
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by boromir » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:31 pm

THO wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:44 am
Have you not heard of sarcasm?

My point was you did not have a question, just a couple of covering letters. I wish you luck in your endeavour, but not sure anyone can answer your question though.
Sorry mate went over my head. I usually laugh at my wife for not understanding sarcasm. You were very convincing though lol.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pmcinnes » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:39 pm

boromir wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:06 am
Hi Im applying for a spouse visa from bangladesh. my wife and i both have written separate letters to be included with the application. i was an overstayer and have a ccj which is already paid for. following letters are completely honest account of what happend. i thank you in advance for all your help. You may want to enclose the proof of CCJ repayment.

my letter

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to you to facilitate my application for a spouse visa to join my wife arwen in the UK.

In october 2010 I went to the UK as a student and finished a diploma program in Computing with distinctions. With high hopes for the future, in 2014 I made an application for Bsc. hons in Cyber Security in the University of ministereth. I met all the criteria set by the university and made half of the first year’s payment. However, prior to my application to the university I was studying in a professional Graduate Diploma program which I was unable to complete due to the closure of the college that I was enrolled in. To provide me with an unconditional offer, the university required evidence that I was indeed a student and had no study gap between 2013 to 2014. To my horror, I realised that I will not be able to provide the university with such a statement from the college because the college wasn't there anymore. The university advised me to return to my country. Reiterating here, if you can find any comms you had made to the college which closed, then you can enclose it with your letter. was it a 'scam' college and did you attend the classes F2F ?

Devastated, scared and depressed, I assumed that I would not be granted a visa given the nature of my status even if I made an application from my country and would lose all the money that my dad had sent me with so much hope and trust. I couldn't bear standing in front of my family and telling them what I have done. Blinded by my idiocy, I decided not to inform my family of my situation. At age 24, barely an adult, without asking anyone's advice, I made the worst decision possible. You need to be clear how long you overstayed your visa.

In 2018 I was introduced to arwen at a friend’s house. We started talking about our interests and passions. I talked about quantum physics while she talked about history and politics. We really liked each other's company and so after a few more meetings I asked my family to send a proposal to her family. On 30th of December 2018 our relationship was solemnised in the presence of both of our families.

Soon after, we started the arrangement for my return to Bangladesh and booked my ticket. However, due to Covid-19 pandemic our ticket was cancelled by the airline company. We waited eagerly for the pandemic to end. Then, after the summer holiday 2021, when the travel ban was lifted we booked our tickets for the second time and returned to Bangladesh with arwen. On the 23rd of december 2021 after three years of living together we registered our marriage at the office of Muslim Marriage, Devorce Registrar and Kazi in Bangladesh.

I do not know what the future holds for me but I would very much like to pursue a career in cyber security and contribute to the British economy not only by means of taxation but also reducing the shortage of skilled IT security professionals. I am eager to join the British workforce and secure the UK's interests at home and abroad.

All my adult life I have adored and adhered to British values and etiquettes and in return I have received nothing but kindness. This letter is not a justification of what I have done, rather a plea for mercy to be with my wife whom I love dearly. I hope this letter conveys my desperate appeal to your humanity to allow me to join my wife in the UK.

I hope this letter and the supporting documents that I've provided help you with your decision making. I'll be eagerly waiting to hear from you soon.

Yours faithfully
aragorn

her letter

I am writing to support the application of my husband Aragorn to join me here in the UK via a spouse visa.

I would first like to confirm that I am a British citizen having been born here in Rivendell, UK (Appendix 9) and now living and working in Birmingham (Appendix 10).

Currently, I am employed as a Teacher of elf magic and Whole School Literacy Co-ordinator at Rivendell school for nerds (Appendix 11). I have been working here for six years and am earning a salary of £41,744(Appendix 12) . I am confident that with this income, my husband and I will be able to live independently without any reliance on public funds(appendix 12b). Further to this, I have every intention of supporting my husband in establishing his professional career here so that he too can join the skilled British workforce and contribute to the economy via income tax. I am extremely proud of my contributions to society and my husband too, is eager to live a life that will benefit others by giving instead of taking.

In terms of living arrangements, I rent a two-bedroom house and have been doing so for three years (Appendix 13). I pay a rent of £650 monthly as well as council tax and utilities (Appendix 14 and 15). Should my husband’s application be successful, this is the property where we will both live whilst we work together to eventually save up enough money and buy our own home in the near future.

I have been in a formal relationship with my husband Aragorn since October 2018. We met at a mutual friend’s house and felt comfortable getting to know one another, having similar interests – intellectual and recreational – and have since enjoyed holidays together hiking, camping and days out to the theatre, museums and cinema. We solemnised our relationship in an Islamic ceremony witnessed by both our families in December 2018 and married legally in Bangladesh in December 2021 (Appendix 4). The separation has been difficult but given the nature of my work in a school, I was unable to stay in Bangladesh longer, nor could I travel earlier given the serious nature of the global pandemic.

In closing, I would like to reiterate the integrity of our relationship and the vigour of my confidence that my husband joining me here in the UK will not be a burden on public funds. We have every intention and capability of living independently whilst contributing and I hope that you take this along with our supporting documents into consideration when making your final decision.

I look forward to receiving your correspondence soon whilst being optimistic of good news.

Yours faithfully,

Arwen.

Supporting Documents

Appendices

Appendix A Copy of arwens passport* —-------------------------------
Appendix B: Appraisal letter —------------------------------------------------
Job contract —---------------------------------------------------
Appendix C: Salary statement* —---------------------------------------------
P60 form —--------------------------------------------------------
Payslips —---------------------------------------------------------
Appendix D: Bank statement —-----------------------------------------------
Appendix E: Rental Agreement* —--------------------------------------------
Bank Statement —-----------------------------------------------
Appendix F: Council tax bill —-------------------------------------------------
Appendix G: Marriage certificate* —-------------------------------------------
Appendix H: CEFR B1 certificate* —------------------------------------------
Appendix I: Medical certificate* —--------------------------------------------
Appendix J: Photo album —---------------------------------------------------
Appendix K: Cancelled Ticket —----------------------------------------------
Email from travel agent —--------------------------------------
Appendix L: Holiday tickets —-------------------------------------------------
Appendix M: Arwen and aragorns air ticket —------------------------------
Appendix N: Wedding invites —-----------------------------------------------
Appendix O: Email from the university —-----------------------------------
Appendix P: WhatsApp Text —------------------------------------------------

boromir
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by boromir » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:18 pm

* I'm including the proof of payment with the application.

* It was a legit college but somewhere around 2013 they lost the license I think. I'm not so sure if I have any email communication between the college and myself. Would that be an issue?

* I overstayed for 8 years. And I'll include it. My wife was saying not to mention how many years because it is after all an offence so say as little as possible without hiding anything.

Thank you for you advice. Much appreciated

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:28 pm

boromir wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:18 pm
* I'm including the proof of payment with the application.

* It was a legit college but somewhere around 2013 they lost the license I think. I'm not so sure if I have any email communication between the college and myself. Would that be an issue? Not an issue but explain what has happened and that should suffice no need to elaborate because you are already an overstayer.

* I overstayed for 8 years. And I'll include it. My wife was saying not to mention how many years because it is after all an offence so say as little as possible without hiding anything.

Thank you for you advice. Much appreciated

You definitely need to make sure you declare everything and be honest! You are now intending on regularising your stay in the UK so you shouldn't hide anything from them.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

boromir
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by boromir » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:28 pm

Thanks for all the help guys. Application submitted. Now the waiting game begins. Wish me luck :)