ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'undeclared' relationship on FLRO(P)-deception?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancรฉ | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Sole Trader FLR(M)

Post by verbina » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:49 pm

Afternoon all,
For my last leg of 10 year settlement route as a parent, I'm switching to spouse category.
My new husband and I are both sole-traders and will be combining our income to meet income threshold.
Previously, I had to demonstrate adequate maintenance without a set minimum income and my accountant only had to write a letter stating his credentials eg FACCA (Fellowship ACCA) and basically summarise my relevant tax year income, expenses and net profit before tax.

Now I'm reading online guidance for spouse visa and it says I have to submit unaudited accounts for that tax year and get certificate from accountant. But also that I need submit original SA320 sent from HMRC. My issue is that my leave expires on 12/05 and tax year they will be looking at ends on 5/04, so there will be very little time to get the documents ready, besides, HMRC take about 2-3 weeks to send original SA320 form.

If I was to submit the previous tax year documents, I had SEISS grant in total of just over 10k as I am a self-employed dancer and my work was practically non-existent in that year. Would this grant go against me?

So sorry for all the questions.

What would be the best course of action in my case please?

Thank you very much in advance! ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Sole Trader FLR(M)

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:21 pm

verbina wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:49 pm
Afternoon all,
For my last leg of 10 year settlement route as a parent, I'm switching to spouse category.
My new husband and I are both sole-traders and will be combining our income to meet income threshold.
Previously, I had to demonstrate adequate maintenance without a set minimum income and my accountant only had to write a letter stating his credentials eg FACCA (Fellowship ACCA) and basically summarise my relevant tax year income, expenses and net profit before tax.

Now I'm reading online guidance for spouse visa and it says I have to submit unaudited accounts for that tax year and get certificate from accountant. But also that I need submit original SA320 sent from HMRC. My issue is that my leave expires on 12/05 and tax year they will be looking at ends on 5/04, so there will be very little time to get the documents ready, besides, HMRC take about 2-3 weeks to send original SA320 form.

If I was to submit the previous tax year documents, I had SEISS grant in total of just over 10k as I am a self-employed dancer and my work was practically non-existent in that year. Would this grant go against me?

So sorry for all the questions.

What would be the best course of action in my case please?

Thank you very much in advance! ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ
I am confused! You are on a 10 year settlement as a parent and you also said you are switching spouse visa category?

What is your immigration history?

SEISS grant won't go against and they can be used towards the requirement.

See Financial requirement
Income received via the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme or the Coronavirus SelfEmployment Income Support Scheme can count as employment or self-employment
income
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 pm

My British child is now 21.5 and is trying to live with her her independent life. I got married in September and was advised it's easier to apply as a spouse.

My immigration history is dark and convoluted dating back to 1997. But has been squeaky clean for the last 7. 5 years, since I got granted leave outside the rules.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:48 pm

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 pm
My British child is now 21.5 and is trying to live with her her independent life. I got married in September and was advised it's easier to apply as a spouse.

My immigration history is dark and convoluted dating back to 1997. But has been squeaky clean for the last 7. 5 years, since I got granted leave outside the rules.
I see! You are almost there.

There's no difference on which one you applied since the grant of leave for both will lead to 30 months however, I do agree that it is safer to switch to partner route so that you can meet the financial requirement which means that the clock will reset but it won't matter because once you have lived here for 10 years, you can apply under the long residence route.

If you are self employed, financial year runs from April to April of the following year so I will suggest you to plan yourself ahead. Regarding the SA302, my cousin didn't provide this but rather he used the tax overview/tax calculation printed from the online HRMC portal and was successful.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:52 pm

TODMATT wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:48 pm
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 pm

I see! You are almost there.

There's no difference on which one you applied since the grant of leave for both will lead to 30 months however, I do agree that it is safer to switch to partner route so that you can meet the financial requirement which means that the clock will reset but it won't matter because once you have lived here for 10 years, you can apply under the long residence route.

If you are self employed, financial year runs from April to April of the following year so I will suggest you to plan yourself ahead. Regarding the SA302, my cousin didn't provide this but rather he used the tax overview/tax calculation printed from the online HRMC portal and was successful.
Awwh thank you very much! Yes, indeed I am almost there after 22 years of nightmares, hence I want to make sure we tick all the boxes!

Wow, I see.. Your cousin got very lucky indeed! Hopefully since everything is more or less paperless right now it will be possible to download and re-upload straight to Home Office without the need to wait for it to be posted.

Thank you very much for taking your time to reply! ๐Ÿ™

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:39 pm

Lol itโ€™s not luck! The accountant told him they the HRMC portal no longer provides SA302 except tax overview and tax calculation. He also has a friend who submitted the same and was also approved.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:33 pm

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:39 pm
Lol itโ€™s not luck! The accountant told him they the HRMC portal no longer provides SA302 except tax overview and tax calculation. He also has a friend who submitted the same and was also approved.
Oh I see! In which case it's great news! Less paperwork to chase! Thanks!

verbina
Russia

'undeclared' relationship on FLRO(P)-deception?

Post by verbina » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:27 pm

Afternoon all!

I'm currently in a bit of a conundrum here. :oops:
I was previously granted as a mother of British child and when I done my last extension in 2019 I explicitly stated that I am single and do not have a partner.

I had to do that because I'm aware that if you declare your relationship, however casual it might be, caseworkers are inclined to 'process' you as a partner instead.
So naturally not having lived together at all, besides our relationship was in it's infancy, I chose to keep my mouth shut.

Fast forward to now- we got married in September 2021 and will be submitting a spouse switch application before my current leave expires 12/05.

My question is, what do I say in my application about how long we've been together? I want to tell them the truth that we have been together since the summer 2018 and we've got plenty of evidence of all the holidays we've been to and all the other things we've done before our marriage.

But I now worry if they may see it as deception, not mentioning my relationship 2 years ago..

Damn! This whole 'partner overrides all' application grounds is very unfair! If two people are in that wonderful initial period of going on dates and going away and getting to know each other, at which point are you supposed get pragmatic and start gathering evidence! Or move in together just to qualify for 'unmarried partnership'.
If the relationship is meant to blossom and grow organically, then a couple of years of dating before commitment is not too much to ask for, right?

Anyway, I'm sorry about this mini rant lol. I just don't want to lie at all, but how do I tell the truth and not get in trouble? ๐Ÿ‘€

verbina
Russia

Re: 'undeclared' relationship on FLRO(P)-deception?

Post by verbina » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:31 pm

Anyone, please? ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:05 pm

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:27 pm
Afternoon all!

I was previously granted as a mother of British child and when I done my last extension in 2019 I explicitly stated that I am single and do not have a partner.

I had to do that because I'm aware that if you declare your relationship, however casual it might be, caseworkers are inclined to 'process' you as a partner instead.
So naturally not having lived together at all, besides our relationship was in it's infancy, I chose to keep my mouth shut.

Fast forward to now- we got married in September 2021 and will be submitting a spouse switch application before my current leave expires 12/05.

My question is, what do I say in my application about how long we've been together? I want to tell them the truth that we have been together since the summer 2018 and we've got plenty of evidence of all the holidays we've been to and all the other things we've done before our marriage.

But I now worry if they may see it as deception, not mentioning my relationship 2 years ago..

Damn! This whole 'partner overrides all' application grounds is very unfair! If two people are in that wonderful initial period of going on dates and going away and getting to know each other, at which point are you supposed get pragmatic and start gathering evidence! Or move in together just to qualify for 'unmarried partnership'.
If the relationship is meant to blossom and grow organically, then a couple of years of dating before commitment is not too much to ask for, right?

Anyway, I'm sorry about this mini rant lol. I just don't want to lie at all, but how do I tell the truth and not get in trouble? ๐Ÿ‘€

Just to clarify, your current partner is the father of your child or an ex partner?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:26 pm

@TODMATT Nope, he isn't the father. We have been together around 4 years.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:56 am

Admin, why did you merge my posts?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:28 am

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:56 am
Suggest read the forum rules!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:46 am

CR001 wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:28 am
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:56 am
Suggest read the forum rules!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Both of my threads are totally different subjects! The first one is about being sole trader on Flrm the second one about my new husband being my bf at a time of previous application when I didn't mention him at all.

These aren't exactly multiple posts asking the same thing essentially...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:09 am

All questions about the SAME application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:12 am

CR001 wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:09 am
All questions about the SAME application.
Oh I see! Then I'm sorry, I had no idea!

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:21 am

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:05 pm
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:27 pm
Afternoon all!

Just to clarify, your current partner is the father of your child or an ex partner?
It is certainly not a deception especially since you were not married. I don't see the reason why you would called it a deception but failure to declare your new marriage will lead to a deception.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:25 am

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:18 pm

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:25 am
@TODMATT

This basically.... ๐Ÿ‘€

immigration-for-family-members/partner- ... 09677.html

Char @CR001, please, in the light of the thread I quoted above, what would be the best thing to do? Can I go ahead and say we have been together for four years despite me saying I was single in my previous application 2 years ago?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 am

You can be together with someone and not term it a relationship or committed relationship. That's why you sometimes hear that a relationship is not official or it is I
E. Do not fret yourself on what's is not

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:17 am

AmazonianX wrote: โ†‘
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 am
You can be together with someone and not term it a relationship or committed relationship. That's why you sometimes hear that a relationship is not official or it is I
E. Do not fret yourself on what's is not
Yes this makes sense of course! I just wanted to ger second opinion and a bit of reassurance, after reading the other thread I quoted above. .
Thank you so much for taking your time to reply! ๐Ÿ™

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:43 am

You are overthinking a lot and do not compare your circumstances to someone else's. Each case is different to the other.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:55 pm

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:43 am
You are overthinking a lot and do not compare your circumstances to someone else's. Each case is different to the other.
Thank you! ๐Ÿ™