ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excess Absences due to Covid-19 in ILR Application under Representative for Overseas Buisness

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Realtor888
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Excess Absences due to Covid-19 in ILR Application under Representative for Overseas Buisness

Post by Realtor888 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:12 pm

Hello everyone - I am applying for my ILR after completing 5 years in the UK in the Representative for Overseas Business route. I have total absences of 250 days (180 days allowed) in Year 4 due to Covid-19 flight cancellations and lockdowns twice when outside the UK on business to head office. Does anyone have experience with recent ILR applications with excess absences due to the pandemic and if UKVI used discretion to approve application?

Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Excess Absences due to Covid-19 in ILR Application under Representative for Overseas Buisness

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:01 am

Realtor888 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:12 pm
Hello everyone - I am applying for my ILR after completing 5 years in the UK in the Representative for Overseas Business route. I have total absences of 250 days (180 days allowed) in Year 4 due to Covid-19 flight cancellations and lockdowns twice when outside the UK on business to head office. Does anyone have experience with recent ILR applications with excess absences due to the pandemic and if UKVI used discretion to approve application?

Many thanks
One applicant's outcome can not be used in advising another about their own when it comes to applications that involves discretionary approval.
Ensure you get your documents in order and highly convincing and verifiable ones for the aspect or point requiring discretion.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Excess Absences due to Covid-19 in ILR Application under Representative for Overseas Buisness

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:29 pm

Discretion may not be applied. UK border was never shut and you could return here. COVID19 discretion only applies when the reasons are justifiable. Travelling being simply not 'convenient' is very likely not going to be accepted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice