ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired Visa - Options to continue staying in country

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jaypatel
Newly Registered
India

Expired Visa - Options to continue staying in country

Post by Jaypatel » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:23 am

Hello,

I am a student in the UK with an expired visa (expired December 6th 2021). I do not have another application to extend or switch my visa type. And I understand that I have overstayed over 30 days.

My questions are:

1. Is there any route for me to legally extend my visa?

2. What will happen to me if I continue to overstay? Will I be actively searched for and deported?

3. If I do continue to overstay, what are future options for getting a visa to legally remain in country?

4. If my fiancee comes to the UK also on student visa will I be allowed to apply for different visa?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Kind regards,

Jay

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Expired Visa - Options to continue staying in country

Post by THO » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:40 am

1) why didn't you try to extend your visa when it was still valid, instead of waiting until it ran out? If you did, then you have obviously been turned down, and so as I see it, there is no legal visa for you. Go home and apply again for another visa.

2) You will not be able to obtain an NI number, or get a legal job, or have access to the NHS etc. You will be looking over your shoulder at all times, if you are picked up, you will be put in a detention camp for deportation. You will be staying in the UK illegally, which is not a good situation and will hurt future visa applications.

3) What visa would you apply for? The "I don't want to go home now visa"? If there was one of those, there would be a million and one "students" arrive each year.

4) Nope. There is no visa covering overstayers who want to remain with their Fiancé, who is obviously here on a student visa so she can overstay at the end of her visa.

You need to find a legal route, go back and find a job in the UK where you are sponsored.

THO.