ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(m) extension - Details of time spent outside the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Picard
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(m) extension - Details of time spent outside the UK

Post by Picard » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:42 pm

When it comes to cohabitation, should I include proofs from the last 2 years or from the 2.5 years, since the last visa was issued?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:57 pm

Picard wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:42 pm
When it comes to cohabitation, should I include proofs from the last 2 years or from the 2.5 years, since the last visa was issued?

Thanks
Last 2 years is what's required.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:11 pm

Just to confirm, I see this in the application:
"Items of correspondence addressed to ... at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years."

"covering the last 2 years" would then apply here to both "last grant" and "the date you first started living together" or just to the latter?

One more question, my latest Dec payslip will be issued before the visa application date, but the bank statement including it will be generated after the visa application date.

I'm already including an additional payslip and bank statement to cover it, but should I just print the page from my online banking system to show the matching payment? It's not a valid bank statement, just a printout of a website.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:31 am

Picard wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:11 pm
Just to confirm, I see this in the application:
"Items of correspondence addressed to ... at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years."

"covering the last 2 years" would then apply here to both "last grant" and "the date you first started living together" or just to the latter? Take it as covering the last 2 years preceeding the date of application you are making. The forum is replete with people who used this successfully.

One more question, my latest Dec payslip will be issued before the visa application date, but the bank statement including it will be generated after the visa application date.

I'm already including an additional payslip and bank statement to cover it, but should I just print the page from my online banking system to show the matching payment? It's not a valid bank statement, just a printout of a website.
Yes you can get this print out from your bank, this covers it.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:28 am

Thanks for the response.

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner
route, or an extension, with your current partner
(including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

This is quite a confusing question. The application is for the FLR(m) extension/spouse visa. Should I answer Yes?

"Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route with your current partner" - No, as it is an extension

"Is this the first time you have applied for an extension, with your current partner" - Yes, it's the first extension

Thanks
P.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:57 am

Picard wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:28 am
Thanks for the response.

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner
route, or an extension, with your current partner
(including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

This is quite a confusing question. The application is for the FLR(m) extension/spouse visa. Should I answer Yes? If your previous was initially spouse visa and or 1 of 2 examples in the question then answer is NO as your previous visa them happend to fall under partner route

"Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route with your current partner" - No, as it is an extension correct

"Is this the first time you have applied for an extension, with your current partner" - Yes, it's the first extension

Thanks
P.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:05 am

Thanks!

What about the next question:
"Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type."

There are 2 options I see that can fit:
"First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)"
or
"Additional extension as a partner"

I'd think the first one is correct, as this is the first extension as a partner, right?

Thanks

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:52 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:57 am
Picard wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:28 am
"Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route with your current partner" - No, as it is an extension correct
Looking at another thread here and a response from @seagul, the suggestion is to go with YES and #2

immigration-for-family-members/extensio ... 08466.html

"Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?"
Answer: YES

"Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension; this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type:
1. First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)
2. Additional extension as a partner
(...)"

I was thinking of going for NO and #1 but now I'm double confused.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:26 am

Picard wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:05 am
Thanks!

What about the next question:
"Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type."

There are 2 options I see that can fit:
"First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)" [This option if on 5year route
or
"Additional extension as a partner"

I'd think the first one is correct, as this is the first extension as a partner, right? Correct

Thanks

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:33 pm

Thanks, much appreciated!

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:02 pm

For the FLR(m) extension, should the applicant's divorce documents be uploaded?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:46 pm

Picard wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:02 pm
For the FLR(m) extension, should the applicant's divorce documents be uploaded?
Yes you should because it is part of the checklist isn't since you have declared that you have previously been divorced in the application form.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.