ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English divorce

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dani122
United Kingdom

English divorce

Post by Dani122 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:20 pm

Hi, my ex husband entered the uk as a spouse visa however we have had an Islamic divorce as we were islamically married. Do I also have to get an English divorce?

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: English divorce

Post by walker » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:06 pm

Based on the limited information you have provided - the Islamic Divorce is not recognised in the UK. Therefore, you will have to apply for a UK divorce.

secret.simon

Re: English divorce

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:44 am

Where (which country) did you get married? In which country was the Islamic divorce done? Was the Islamic divorce issued by a legally recognised authority in that country (Union Council, court, etc)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.