ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are Biometrics still required for visa extension?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fonali
Newly Registered
Algeria

Are Biometrics still required for visa extension?

Post by fonali » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:51 am

I have been on a Tier 2 visa for over 3 years - I have recently received an offer from another employer - I have completed my Skilled worker visa - there is a button which says "Provide requested evidence or photos" - I understand that this is to be used only if they contact me? - I haven't been prompted to upload any evidence at any time - Since I claimed child benefits, I ticked a checkbox to confirm that I can provide related evidence, but I haven't been given the chance to do so, is that normal? Not sure If I can use this "Provide requested evidence or photos" button to provide the evidence as I understand that this is to be used only if they contact me?
In my previous Tier 2 visa extension, I used to upload all the evidence after I book the biometrics appointment with UKVCAS, but this time I haven't been given the chance to book this appointment, is that normal? Are biometrics not required anymore? I am really puzzled!
Many thanks for you help!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Are Biometrics still required for visa extension?

Post by manci » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:57 pm

fonali wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:51 am
Since I claimed child benefits.....
The problem may be that you claimed child benefit which is a public fund. If you have a No Recourse to Public Funds condition on your visa this is only allowed under certain exceptional circumstances, refer to p16-17:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ds-v18.pdf
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

fonali
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by fonali » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 pm

manci wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:57 pm
fonali wrote:
Since I claimed child benefits.....
The problem may be that you claimed child benefit which is a public fund. If you have a No Recourse to Public Funds condition on your visa this is only allowed under certain exceptional circumstances, refer to p16-17:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ds-v18.pdf
Citizens of some countries can legally claim, so it's not a problem!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:12 pm

fonali wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 pm
Citizens of some countries can legally claim, so it's not a problem!
Nationals of Algeria already in receipt of benefits as of 31 December 2020 may continue to access them after that date. See p15 of the document in the link already provided
fonali wrote:
there is a button which says "Provide requested evidence or photos"
There are two ways identity can be provided. Have you perhaps clicked the second option?
:
How you do this depends on where you’re from and the type of passport you have.
You’ll either:
give your fingerprints and a photograph (biometric information) at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point - this is to get a biometric residence permit
or
use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your identity document - you’ll also create or sign in to your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account

You’ll be told what you need to do when you apply.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:16 pm

Some skilled worker applicants in UK can now use the UKVI app and do not need to do biometrics. The first couple of questions on the application portal tells you if you are eligible.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

fonali
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by fonali » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:33 am

manci wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:12 pm
There are two ways identity can be provided. Have you perhaps clicked the second option?
:
How you do this depends on where you’re from and the type of passport you have.
You’ll either:
give your fingerprints and a photograph (biometric information) at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point - this is to get a biometric residence permit
or
use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your identity document - you’ll also create or sign in to your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account

You’ll be told what you need to do when you apply.
I have indeed chosen to use the app and I have verified my identify using the app and scanned by BRP using the app. Is that it? I won't need to do the biometrics? What about uploading the other documents including the passport and the bank statements? Do I need to wait for the Home Office to request them?

fonali
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by fonali » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:03 pm

Just in case it helps someone, my BRP has just been approved, so I just needed to wait!

venugopal
India

Post by venugopal » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:52 pm

fonali,
I did the same way as you did.
Just want to check if you received the physical copy of new BRP posted to your address?
And also did you update any evidences?

mc_23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mc_23 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:31 am

fonali wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:03 pm
Just in case it helps someone, my BRP has just been approved, so I just needed to wait!
Hi, congrats on your visa approval! May I ask how many did you wait for the decision? and did you pay for priority service?

Thank!!

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:24 pm

I would kindly suggest to the OP and everyone posting your recent experience in the pinned post for application timelines

Don't forget to include the type of service you used for your application: standard, priority, super-priority.

This will help a lot new applicants and everyone about current timelines.