ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate Visa Application questions

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Graduate Visa Application questions

Post by aby00156 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:19 pm

Hi,

This question is on behalf of my sister.

She is applying for the Graduate Visa after completing her Masters.
There are 2 questions which we need suggestions on:

1. It shows her full name in surname tab and the given name is blank. We cannot edit or modify it.
When we go to pay IHS fee, it is not proceeding it as the given name is blank. Can mods or experienced people advise the way forward.
We can edit the name in the IHS fee page but the name is being repeated for example if the name is Mary John, after editing it shows Mary Mary John.

2. There is a question in the form " have you travelled to uk in last 10 years"
What will be the answer to this Yes or NO ?
She came to UK in September 2020.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Graduate Visa Application questions

Post by ywlgy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:39 pm

1. Did she enter the names correctly at the beginning of application form? If editing is impossible, she needs to fill out a new form.
2. Answer Yes.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:46 pm

She does not have the option to edit the name in the application form. All details in the application form are being derived from the system automatically as she enters her BRP details.

She cannot pay the IHS fee as it states the given name is missing from the application form.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:19 pm

Select "I do not have a phone that can use the app" at the beginning of the application. This will take you to the traditional application form where you fill out everything manually.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.