ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MP Confirmed via email about application approval

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Farali786
United Kingdom

MP Confirmed via email about application approval

Post by Farali786 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 pm

Dear All hope you are well.

My Application was pending for 8 months. I contacted my MP last month and today he sent me an email that he has spoken with my caseworker and the case worker has confirmed that my application was approved on the 18th of January. However, I have not received any email or letter from HO. I hope this means that my application has been approved and a letter or email will be received soon from HO. How long does it take the letter to reach home after the decision? Does anyone have the same experience? Please share.

Thank you all.

secret.simon

Re: MP Confirmed via email about application approval

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:44 am

Even if the application was approved on the 18th, there will almost certainly be post-approval processing to complete. For instance, the certificate will need to be prepared and sent to the appropriate local council, who would then write to you to arrange a date for the citizenship ceremony.

All this can take weeks in normal times, never mind these pandemic times.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:32 am

Thanks Secret.Simon thank you for your reply. But MP do get notified if the application was approved right? I mean this is the common practice where MPs contact the caseworker and they tell them whether the application has been approved or sill in process? have you come accorss any case before where MPs have been notified that application has been approved?

Thank you

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:10 pm

My Mrs is in a funny scenario. She got a letter from council to book her ceremony as they received all paperwork from home office, if she doesn't book it before 28/04/2022 her certificate would expire. When she contacted them to book, they said they would need a home office invitation letter, without it, she cannot proceed. And home office hasn't informed her about the decision on her application pending for more than 8 months.
don't know what to do in this scenario . tried all ways to contact home office but all in vain.

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:40 pm

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried sending an email to Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk

I have seen on this platform that many people get a response to this email quicker.

Good luck.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:57 pm

yes 3 times thanks.