ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

John and Vinny--I got my ILR!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minerva
Newly Registered

John and Vinny--I got my ILR!!!!

Post by minerva » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:33 am

Hi John:

My ILR came in the mail today. We contacted the MP last month, and he wrote a letter on my behalf. He received another letter from the Home Office basically saying I had to wait in a queue (it had been five months), and too bad. The MP told me this was unacceptable, and wrote another letter last week, and the ILR arrived today. Thank goodness. And a BIG THANK YOU for all your help. I finally can sleep soundly knowing I can stay with my husband!

As promised, I told you that I am giving a lecture at the Royal Society in a couple of weeks. You are both invited, as this is a public event. :P :P Send me a private message if you want more info.

My very best to you both, and good luck to all folks on this board. If your ILR is delayed and there is no legal reason why it should be, see your MP with your spouse. It makes a world of difference.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:27 pm

Congratulations :D
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Congratulations, glad it all worked out ..... at last!
John

3crown

Re: John and Vinny--I got my ILR!!!!

Post by 3crown » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:18 pm

congratulations!!!! :D
minerva wrote:Hi John:

My ILR came in the mail today. We contacted the MP last month, and he wrote a letter on my behalf. He received another letter from the Home Office basically saying I had to wait in a queue (it had been five months), and too bad. The MP told me this was unacceptable, and wrote another letter last week, and the ILR arrived today. Thank goodness. And a BIG THANK YOU for all your help. I finally can sleep soundly knowing I can stay with my husband!

As promised, I told you that I am giving a lecture at the Royal Society in a couple of weeks. You are both invited, as this is a public event. :P :P Send me a private message if you want more info.

My very best to you both, and good luck to all folks on this board. If your ILR is delayed and there is no legal reason why it should be, see your MP with your spouse. It makes a world of difference.