ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

autoenthu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application for Dependant

Post by autoenthu » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:43 pm

Hi,

I've got a few questions regarding my wife (dependant's) ILR application. I was the primary Tier 2 (General) visa holder, I already got my ILR (via 5-year route) in 2019 and my British citizenship in 2021. She has now completed 5 years as a Dependant on my Tier 2 (from Aug 2016 to May 2019 and then extended in Mar 2019 to Mar 2022). She is about to apply for her ILR, and got a few questions:

1. The application is under SET (O) and then category is --> Skilled Worker, Tier 2 or International Sportsperson dependant.
Is that correct?

2. Since the absence rules were updated after 11 Jan 2018, I understand that for dependants no absence from the UK for any leave before 11 Jan 2018 needs to be mentioned. So, in her case, only absences from the UK after her BRP was renewed Mar 2019 onwards need to be included. Is that correct?

3. Is there a requirement to provide letters from employers confirming approved annual leave since Mar 2019 (totally ~60 days)?

4. Since her Master's degree is from India, it would need Ecctis confirming the qualification and medium of instruction being English?

5. In the final list of documents, is there a requirement for any bank statements (maintenance), utility bills, employment letter?

6. I know there is a separate timeline forum, just wondering whether it is sensible to do a General application with an expectation of about 8 weeks for approval?

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application for Dependant

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:02 pm

1. Correct

2. Correct

3. Not required

4. Yes

5. No, there is no maintenance fund requirement or employer letter (her employment status is irrelevant anyway) . You do need to provide two years evidence of cohabitation in both your names from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.

6. A standard applicarion can take anywhere between 8 weeks and 6 months
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

autoenthu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by autoenthu » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:02 pm
1. Correct

2. Correct

3. Not required

4. Yes

5. No, there is no maintenance fund requirement or employer letter (her employment status is irrelevant anyway) . You do need to provide two years evidence of cohabitation in both your names from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.

6. A standard applicarion can take anywhere between 8 weeks and 6 months
Thank you - appreciate the quick reply. A quick follow-up on No. 5 - to prove co-habitation, types of evidence would be utility bills, council tax, bank statements?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Any evidence can be used.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

autoenthu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by autoenthu » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:28 pm

Thank you.

autoenthu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by autoenthu » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:29 pm

Hi,
I've got a follow-up question based on my dependant's above visa application question. As mentioned earlier I had a Tier 2 (General), then ILR and I'm now a British citizen.

Within my dependant's application checklist, there are two documents (amongst others) mentioned within 'Other Documents' which have my name - I've replaced by name with 'xyz' below:
a. Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on 'xyz' (i.e. me, the British passport holder) for joint accounts or third party support
b. Declaration signed by 'xyz' (i.e. me, the British passport holder) to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks

I'm confused what the difference between the two documents is? From the Family Consent Form, they've asked us to sign (attached), the 3 parts are:
PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information (i.e. to be signed by the applicant - my dependant in this case
PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information (i.e. for the joint owner with the applicant which is me)
PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor (i.e. to be signed by the financial sponsor).

So two questions:
- I'm confused about Part 3 - do I need to sign this? I remember some reference to the sponsor in my dependant's application form but didn't think I had to sigh a financial sponsor declaration?

- Are a and b above the same form i.e. Part 2 consent form?

Thanks in advance for your help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:27 am

Part 1 is signed by the applicant
Part 2 by the spouse
Part3 is ignored
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

autoenthu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by autoenthu » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:55 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:27 am
Part 1 is signed by the applicant
Part 2 by the spouse
Part3 is ignored
Thanks for that. But in this case, What do I do about the checklist ‘a’ and ‘b’ mentioned above? Do I tick both (since they’re mentioned on my checklist)? Aren’t they both basically the same form i.e. Part 2 for spouse?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:40 am

What you tick is not important. Sign as explained
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice