ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References if applicant is housewife

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jameswilliamson6544
India

References if applicant is housewife

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:31 am

My husband got naturalised as a British citizen recently and I have finished 12 months on ILR. I would like to apply for naturalisation now.

I am a housewife here in UK and as such I have not worked with anyone in a professional capacity. For two references, can I ask below:

1. My husband work colleague
2. Head teacher from my daughter's school

Thanks for your help!

Absence from UK
- 0 days in the last 2 years
- 25 days in last 3 years
- 45 days in last 5 years

alterhase58
Germany

Re: References if applicant is housewife

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:45 pm

You don't need to have worked with the referees - but they would need to know you for three years. Your referees look ok, Headteacher is professional. Refer page 26 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:38 pm

Thanks!

One more question please:
I had downloaded reference form from the internet and one of the person signed with date as one day before the application payment date. Does that make a difference , or should I ask for a new form to be signed please? :(

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:41 pm

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:38 pm
Thanks!

One more question please:
I had downloaded reference form from the internet and one of the person signed with date as one day before the application payment date. Does that make a difference , or should I ask for a new form to be signed please? :(
Not sure what kind of answer you are expecting here, but just some common sense will tell you that they obviously have to sign the form before you submit it, and the HO can't expect everyone to prepare all documents on the same day.

A different question would be if they had signed it in the future, that might be a bit funny.

But there is not, to my knowledge, any restriction as to how eary the referees can sign the form. I can't see a scenario where a discrepancy of one day is grounds for any problem whatsoever.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:16 pm

Thank-you and apologies if I was being a bit pedantic.

Final question (hopefully) would be list of documents
- Scan of all pages of Passport
- Scan of referee declaration form, from both referees
- Biometric Resident permit showing ILR
- Marriage certificate with husband, used previously in ILR also
- Certificate of naturalisation for husband
- IELTS certificate, used previously in ILR also
- Part 1 of consent signed by applicant (Consent for the Home Office to verify application information)
- Part 2 of consent signed by husband (Consent for Home Office to verify third party information)

I believe we don't need Part 3 of consent as nobody is providing financial support to the applicant.