ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing passport stamp - travel to Ireland

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mjrmantastic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Missing passport stamp - travel to Ireland

Post by mjrmantastic » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:04 pm

I'm a British citizen from birth. My wife just got ILR (as my spouse) and is applying to naturalise. She's actually submitted the online application and is at the stage of uploading evidence. Her biometrics appointment is in 3 weeks.

She has to demonstrate she's been resident in the UK for the past 3 years.

There's only one trip out of the UK we've made in that time; a 2 day trip to Dublin.

Her passport was stamped in Dublin, but when we came back (via Birmingham Airport), we did not come back via international arrivals because it was travel to/from the Common Travel Area. So there was nobody to stamp her passport back in.

I'm imagining this is a common problem. Will this be an issue or not for her application for naturalisation?

If I need to provide additional evidence I could provide most payslips covering the last 3 years, the annual tax code statements and P60 reports, and council tax bills.

I am struggling to understand if additional information is needed in this instance and if so, how much would be proportionate/sufficient to demonstrate residence.

HCJNL
United Kingdom

Re: Missing passport stamp - travel to Ireland

Post by HCJNL » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:30 pm

The documents you suggested will be helpful.
No return airline ticket or boarding pass in your wife's name? Or an email confirming your wife's flight details? And a bank or credit card statement showing that she made a payment while in the UK very shortly after her flight back?
You will be fine. If your wife's passport was not stamped on return, what else can you do?

mjrmantastic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mjrmantastic » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:16 pm

No boarding pass or ticket (think it was all done via app) but we have:

- an email with itinerary
-a credit card and bank account statement in her name showing activity on both accounts in the UK after arrival
- letter from employer used for ilr application with her commencement date showing before the trip (i.e. showing she was continuously employed for full time work in the UK over the period)
- payslips for the month of the trip and the month after
-p60 and tax code letters from 2018 up to 2021
-could also add council tax covering the whole period...

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:19 pm

P60s are sufficient.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

HCJNL
United Kingdom

Post by HCJNL » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:14 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:19 pm
P60s are sufficient.
Not guaranteed. According to the document below A P60 for a 12-month period (the caseworker may request additional evidence to confirm that the person has been resident in the UK for at least six months of that period).
The 6 month period is particularly important if OP visited Ireland in the final year of the 3 year period.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -in-the-uk

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:58 am

For naturalisation, P60s are routinely submitted by EU citizens as they don't get stamps in their passports. Case workers can of course always ask for additional evidence though reports around this are quite rare. The quidance quoted is for the Settled Status scheme.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.