ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch Spouse Visa from WorkPermit to Dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

timmac
Newly Registered

Switch Spouse Visa from WorkPermit to Dependent

Post by timmac » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:25 pm

Sorry , No answer from the "Family Members" section. Hence reposting here.

Hello,

My wife is currently on a work permit and i am on Tier 1. We are both resident in the UK.

Is it possible that she can switch her status from workpermit to a dependent visa? If so, could you help me with the procedure/link to documents?

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread. Tried searching but could not find the required info.

Thanks,

Tim

Markie

Re: Switch Spouse Visa from WorkPermit to Dependent

Post by Markie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:16 pm

Check this one from the BIA website. Godd luck
timmac wrote:Sorry , No answer from the "Family Members" section. Hence reposting here.

Hello,

My wife is currently on a work permit and i am on Tier 1. We are both resident in the UK.

Is it possible that she can switch her status from workpermit to a dependent visa? If so, could you help me with the procedure/link to documents?

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread. Tried searching but could not find the required info.

Thanks,

Tim

timmac
Newly Registered

Post by timmac » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:07 pm

Thanks Markie,

The BIA rules state switching of dependent status as

if your last grant of entry clearance or permission to stay here was as the partner or child of:"

But my wife has a workpermit and is currently not on a dependent visa.

Is it possible to switch from an independent work permit to a dependent visa?

Regards,

Tim