ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NO RESPONSE FROM HO REGARDING BC APPLICATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

NO RESPONSE FROM HO REGARDING BC APPLICATION

Post by Khanjee101 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for my BC application 14 months ago and still haven't heard back anything from HO. I have chased HO several times even 3 times via MP but they are giving same response that checks has not been completed in my application. However I have seen here and on fb that people who applied in December got their application approved in 2 to 3 weeks time and on average people getting their decision between 3 to 4 months. I don't understand how come some checks are being completed in 2 weeks and some still pending for more than a year now doesn't make any sense. Now I am thinking to write to Home Secretary regarding this delay. Kindly advise is that ok if I write to Home Secretary as they are not bothering on MPs emails now. Please advise who should I reach out for the outcome. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NO RESPONSE FROM HO REGARDING BC APPLICATION

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:53 pm

What is your UK immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:54 pm

Khanjee101 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:50 pm
is that ok if I write to Home Secretary
Go ahead. But if they are not responding in detail to MPs, why would they take your email more seriously?

We do not know your immigration history. But have there been any instance of asylum-seeking, multiple visas (such as over a 10 years Long Residence pathway or a longer immigration journey), any period of overstay or working when not allowed to, any court cases or police reports? All these can potentially impact on a naturalisation application.

Re why some checks take longer than others, checks on an applicant who has been in the UK on a single T2 visa for five years would likely be shorter and faster than, say, somebody who arrived on a visa, applied for asylum or overstayed and then acquired ILR/PR/Settled Status on a spousal or EEA visa. For naturalisation, the entire immigration history of the person is likely scrutinised. The more complex the immigration history, the longer the investigation.

EDIT: Beaten by CR001's much more succinct response above.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:07 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:54 pm
Khanjee101 wrote:
Go ahead. But if they are not responding in detail to MPs, why would they take your email more seriously?

We do not know your immigration history. But have there been any instance of asylum-seeking, multiple visas (such as over a 10 years Long Residence pathway or a longer immigration journey), any period of overstay or working when not allowed to, any court cases or police reports? All these can potentially impact on a naturalisation application.

Re why some checks take longer than others, checks on an applicant who has been in the UK on a single T2 visa for five years would likely be shorter and faster than, say, somebody who arrived on a visa, applied for asylum or overstayed and then acquired ILR/PR/Settled Status on a spousal or EEA visa. For naturalisation, the entire immigration history of the person is likely scrutinised. The more complex the immigration history, the longer the investigation.

Thanks Secret Simon and CR001 for your immediate response I never get refused any visa nor over stayed none of my visa application took more than 2 months till my ILR, I applied ILR via T1 Ent route and then British Citizenship.
Furthermore, last year my ex-wife accused me with false allegations and filed DV case against me in family court right after I applied my BC. She left the house then I had Non-Molestation Order against me which I challenged in family court and after submitting my detailed statement with evidences she backed off and just asked for the undertaking as her main motive was to file a DV case against me and get perm residency. However undertaking / Non molestation order finished in August last year. I never been arrested nor questioned by police as this was totally false allegations against me.
I heard from some extended family members that when she left the house she complaint to HO regarding this DV / court case. We are not divorced yet and I don't know where is she living as I never tried to contact her. Furthermore, we had 2 court hearing and she didn't appear in any of them as this DV case was baseless and clear intention was to get PR in UK. I would be grateful if you kindly advise me what step I should take for my BC application.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:49 pm

maybe HO is just waiting for the case to be decided upon before proceeding?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:08 am

meself2 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:49 pm
maybe HO is just waiting for the case to be decided upon before proceeding?
Case has finished without any facts n findings in August last year when undertaking was finished. So I dont understand why they are not responding I requested my SAR from police there is no record against me as well my DBS was clear too. Dont know why they are taking soo long now.

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:35 am

Khanjee101 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:07 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Khanjee101 wrote:

Thanks Secret Simon and CR001 for your immediate response I never get refused any visa nor over stayed none of my visa application took more than 2 months till my ILR, I applied ILR via T1 Ent route and then British Citizenship.
Furthermore, last year my ex-wife accused me with false allegations and filed DV case against me in family court right after I applied my BC. She left the house then I had Non-Molestation Order against me which I challenged in family court and after submitting my detailed statement with evidences she backed off and just asked for the undertaking as her main motive was to file a DV case against me and get perm residency. However undertaking / Non molestation order finished in August last year. I never been arrested nor questioned by police as this was totally false allegations against me.
I heard from some extended family members that when she left the house she complaint to HO regarding this DV / court case. We are not divorced yet and I don't know where is she living as I never tried to contact her. Furthermore, we had 2 court hearing and she didn't appear in any of them as this DV case was baseless and clear intention was to get PR in UK. I would be grateful if you kindly advise me what step I should take for my BC application.
Anyone would like to shade some lights on this especially, CR007, Secret Simon, Zimba, Alterhasse, cullinan etc as I am in such a stress due to this delay.

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:13 am

Khanjee101 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:35 am
Khanjee101 wrote:
secret.simon wrote:
Khanjee101 wrote:

Anyone would like to shade some lights on this especially, CR007, Secret Simon, Zimba, Alterhasse, cullinan etc as I am in such a stress due to this delay.
Hi Guys,

Any suggestions on above which steps I should take in regards to BC application. Earliest response would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:43 pm

Khanjee101 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:13 am
Khanjee101 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:35 am
Khanjee101 wrote:
secret.simon wrote:
Khanjee101 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Any suggestions on above which steps I should take in regards to BC application. Earliest response would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Hi Guys,

Is there anyone who can shade some lights on above, which steps I should take and whom shall I reach out for my BC application as HO just giving me crap in every email that checks are still pending since 14 months this is such a ridiculous excuse if this is the case then how come they deciding most of the application in max 2 months time or even 2 weeks. Need suggestions.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:22 pm

Hi There, best of luck with your application. Not sure if you or anyone else can expedite this.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:09 pm

mesn wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:22 pm
Hi There, best of luck with your application. Not sure if you or anyone else can expedite this.
Thanks for your best wishes bro. Is there anyone who can shed some lights on it such as which steps I should take to get a response from Home Office I am thinking to write it to Home Secretary about the delay in my application.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:15 pm

Khanjee101 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:09 pm
mesn wrote:
Thanks for your best wishes bro. Is there anyone who can shed some lights on it such as which steps I should take to get a response from Home Office I am thinking to write it to Home Secretary about the delay in my application.
The best solution to get quick & fair decision from the current home office is to highlight the issue in media .There are so many cases where media has highlighted injustice by the home office & under pressure home office corrected the injustice.Go ahead thats the way if you want your decision & of course it is incompetency to delay & prolong a decision.
Gooluck

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:08 pm

London22 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:15 pm
Khanjee101 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:09 pm
mesn wrote:
The best solution to get quick & fair decision from the current home office is to highlight the issue in media .There are so many cases where media has highlighted injustice by the home office & under pressure home office corrected the injustice.Go ahead thats the way if you want your decision & of course it is incompetency to delay & prolong a decision.
Gooluck
Thanks London, what do you mean by highlight the issue in media ?

It's been 14 months now and still no response except same old crappy responses that checks are still pending. I don't understand which query takes 15 months long.
Is there anyone who can advise that which platform I should use to get the response from Home Office.
MP chased HO quite few times but they giving him the same old story that pending checks.
I requested SAR aswell which they sent me after 4 months wait in my SAR report some PNC checks was completed and result was no trace. What on earth they want to check more I don't understand only thing I can see in SAR that last year requirement "Not Met" as I was outside more than 90 days but it was due to pandemic and I provided emails and flights documents regarding cancellations of flight due to global pandemic was begun. Kindly advise what should I do now. Thanks in advance.

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:53 am

Hi Guys,

Is there anyone who can suggest me that whom should I reach out as its been 18 months and Home Office is holding up my naturalisation application and not even bothering to reply my and MPs emails and even my solicitor sent letters and email to HO with 14 days notice period if they don't answer we will take up this matter to upper tribunal and they are still not bothering to reply my solicitor.

Shall I cc to Home Secretary in my further email to home office ?

Is there any other government dept whom should I raise this issue with or any other media platform, because as per my SARU report requested and received from Home Office 8 months ago showing that my background checks has been completed ages ago on my application but they are not giving me decision.

Earliest response would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Davido9177
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Davido9177 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:06 pm

OMG you are still waiting 😳. that just unbelievable. Best of luck mate.

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:35 am

What people mean by media is the newspapers. Write to the Daily Mail etc. Write again to your MP saying it's unacceptable etc.

I don't understand why you're asking to write to the Home Secretary. Just do it. Nothing to lose. But don't CC her. Just write direct ensure your provide all your information and try your hardest not to be emotional in writing. Just give facts. She (her office) will receive emails all day and won't want a back story. Just facts.

Best of luck. It is a disgustingly long time.

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:31 pm

Davido9177 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:06 pm
OMG you are still waiting 😳. that just unbelievable. Best of luck mate.
yes still waiting for the response even I sent an email last month and they didn't bother to send a single reply.

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:36 pm

Ben1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:35 am
What people mean by media is the newspapers. Write to the Daily Mail etc. Write again to your MP saying it's unacceptable etc.

I don't understand why you're asking to write to the Home Secretary. Just do it. Nothing to lose. But don't CC her. Just write direct ensure your provide all your information and try your hardest not to be emotional in writing. Just give facts. She (her office) will receive emails all day and won't want a back story. Just facts.

My MP wrote quite few times to HO and even they called them but they giving the same response that external checks are pending. Do they think that we are stupid to buy their bullshit because we are living in 21st century everything is online and centralized and my SARU report also confirms that my background checks has been completed ages ago and none of the checks takes that much longer, if it does then how come they deciding applications in 2 to 4 weeks time. It raises the question on their transparency.

My solicitor also wrote them and ask them to decide the application in 14 days but they didn't bother to even respond to solicitor.

What shall I do now should I email Home Secretary office and cc HO ? Kindly advise

Khanjee101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khanjee101 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:20 pm

Hi Guys,

Can anyone assist me in my situation please ?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:25 am

Khanjee101 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:36 pm
Ben1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:35 am

My MP wrote quite few times to HO and even they called them but they giving the same response that external checks are pending. Do they think that we are stupid to buy their bullshit because we are living in 21st century everything is online and centralized and my SARU report also confirms that my background checks has been completed ages ago and none of the checks takes that much longer, if it does then how come they deciding applications in 2 to 4 weeks time. It raises the question on their transparency.

My solicitor also wrote them and ask them to decide the application in 14 days but they didn't bother to even respond to solicitor.

What shall I do now should I email Home Secretary office and cc HO ? Kindly advise
Not sure that it would have a better effect that your MP and solicitor. But hey, you're welcome to try.

Sometimes, it takes as long as it takes!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Hkchong9
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Hkchong9 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:09 pm

I am in the same situation, applied in September last year and still nothing…chased up so many times and got nothing but stand replies. There was one reply saying that it was approved in January, I then replied back and said I’ve not received letters/emails from HO or my local council. And since then I have not got any helpful information from them.

Have you received your decision yet?