ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit query!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jsurferguy

EEA Family Permit query!

Post by jsurferguy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi, i have been reading the appliation for eea family permit! i know it has 17 pages and require loads of information. I have been asking many question about this as i am going to get married soon and would really like to get everything right !.

What i would like to know is i've just moved in with my fiancee 1 month ago, and we are going to get married next month. I have a tenancy agreement to prove i stay in the house and our joint acount statements are being sent to this address. But they also ask for the full details of everyone living in the house. I just moved in and i can't really ask all that so suddently. Do you guys think this might become a problem if i don't write anything ?

I also read this, but would like to have any opinions on it please.

EEA Family Permits are now only available from Entry Clearance Issuing Posts (typically Embassies and/or Consulates) outside the UK[2] and are issued for six months at a time. Family Permits are no longer issued within the United Kingdom as this document has been replaced by a new form called Residence Documentation, which was introduced in October 2006. Applications for residence documentation are made to the Border and Immigration Agency [3]. Applications are free of charge.
In October 2007, the Home Office has produced a new form [4] for the application. It is 17 pages long and asks for excessive personal information. If you fill out this form, it is worth remembering that you do not have to volunteer all the information it asks for. In a simple situation (married couple, the EEA national is working) you only have to show that
you are married and living together as a couple,
in the case of minor children a birth certificate will need to be produced,
you intend to travel together to the UK or that the your non-EEA family member will join you there at a later date.
These and only these are the documents provided for by the British incorporation of the EU Directive.
Requests for bank statements, work contracts or confirmation of accommodation cannot be requested and should not be supplied, in accordance with Article 12 of the said Immigration Regulations:
Issue of EEA family permit 12. —(1) An entry clearance officer must issue an EEA family permit to a person who applies for one if the person is a family member of an EEA national and— (a) the EEA national— (i) is residing in the UK in accordance with these Regulations; or (ii) will be travelling to the United Kingdom within six months of the date of the application and will be an EEA national residing in the United Kingdom in accordance with these Regulations on arrival in the United Kingdom; (...)