ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:24 am

macaroni wrote:What happens if the countersignatory uses corrective fluid on ONE single character on the form? Will IPS reject the entire form because of that? :roll:
It looks like IPS does not mind when a SINGLE character in the countersignatory section has been painted over with correction fluid. :? I received a letter asking me to ring up and make an appointment for my passport. A seperate letter arrived with my old passport and certificate. Be prepared to find that your certificate has been folded and creased. :roll:

whirly

Post by whirly » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:33 pm

macaroni wrote:
macaroni wrote:What happens if the countersignatory uses corrective fluid on ONE single character on the form? Will IPS reject the entire form because of that? :roll:
It looks like IPS does not mind when a SINGLE character in the countersignatory section has been painted over with correction fluid. :? I received a letter asking me to ring up and make an appointment for my passport. A seperate letter arrived with my old passport and certificate. Be prepared to find that your certificate has been folded and creased. :roll:
Bravo! Sounds like you're nearly there.

Annoying about the folded certificate, isn't it? I had thought I might hang mine on the wall in the spare room, but I just tucked it away in a folder instead. At least it didn't get lost, though!

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:27 pm

whirly wrote:
macaroni wrote:
Bravo! Sounds like you're nearly there.

Annoying about the folded certificate, isn't it? I had thought I might hang mine on the wall in the spare room, but I just tucked it away in a folder instead. At least it didn't get lost, though!
Hi whirly. :P I'm disappointed that they do that to our certificates. After the whole build up to the citizenship ceremony, it's deflating. I have placed mine inside the biggest and heaviest book I have to iron it out hopefully. I did want to frame mine and hang it up but I am not sure now. :?

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:34 am

My passport interview was nerve-racking. It only lasted 12 minutes but I found it stressful. They asked me all the details on the form and other questions as well eg. name, address, parents' names, places of birth, birth dates, countersignatory's name, address, age, my banking information(what accounts do I have/loans/mortgages), telephone number, previous address, what documents I sent, spouse's full name. I don't wish to meet any government officials or civil servants again. :evil:

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:14 pm

macaroni wrote:My passport interview was nerve-racking. It only lasted 12 minutes but I found it stressful. They asked me all the details on the form and other questions as well eg. name, address, parents' names, places of birth, birth dates, countersignatory's name, address, age, my banking information(what accounts do I have/loans/mortgages), telephone number, previous address, what documents I sent, spouse's full name. I don't wish to meet any government officials or civil servants again. :evil:
A whole 12 minutes of stress, eh?
I would wish to compliment these officers on combining thoroughness with speed and efficiency.

whirly

Post by whirly » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:32 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:
macaroni wrote:My passport interview was nerve-racking. It only lasted 12 minutes but I found it stressful. They asked me all the details on the form and other questions as well eg. name, address, parents' names, places of birth, birth dates, countersignatory's name, address, age, my banking information(what accounts do I have/loans/mortgages), telephone number, previous address, what documents I sent, spouse's full name. I don't wish to meet any government officials or civil servants again. :evil:
I would wish to compliment these officers on combining thoroughness with speed and efficiency.
Too true!

macaroni: I hope you got a dutifully grim photo taken for your passport. I made sure that I looked harassed, exhausted, and unamused, so when I present it to the IO after a long flight, they will have no doubt that it's me! Call it my 'not another government official/civil servant' face :)

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:25 pm

whirly wrote:
Mr Rusty wrote:
Too true!

macaroni: I hope you got a dutifully grim photo taken for your passport. I made sure that I looked harassed, exhausted, and unamused, so when I present it to the IO after a long flight, they will have no doubt that it's me! Call it my 'not another government official/civil servant' face :)

I forgot and smiled in my photos at first. I had to have new ones taken with a suitably depressed face. I look very ill in my picture. :lol:

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:28 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:
Well I doubt you've experienced anything like it and if you don't like people being honest about the shoddy way that people are treated, too bad for you. As for efficiency, I did receive a written confirmation for my IPS interview this morning. You can't beat the IPS/government efficiency can you. :lol: :lol: If I am really fortunate then the government will lose a few disks containing my personal details. It's so exciting. :roll:

skaur55
Newly Registered

Re: British passport application after MN1 process complete

Post by skaur55 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Dear all,
Apologies, I know I am posting this question to an old forum - I could not find where else to post. Here is my situation. I obtained ILR after my child was born so got the MN1 form and have got back the certificate for my child as British Citizen. I now need to apply for british passport for my baby. I have following questions

1. I am single parent, no contact with other parent - Shall i send through my ILR documents only with my child's passport application? The certificate of registration was given on my documents only as well.
2. Professional referess - I only know one person who signed my Baby's MN1 form as refree, can he be the countersignatory on the passport form as well? or do i need someone else on this occasion?
3. Any other helpful information will be welcome.

Thanks All.