ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application date for wife. How soon can she apply?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leon2019
United Kingdom

ILR application date for wife. How soon can she apply?

Post by leon2019 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:59 pm

My wife was issued a spouse visa on 5 year route.

Spouse visa issue date: 26-03-2017
First BRP Card Issue date: 26-03-2017
Arrival Date into the UK: 20-04-2017

After we had to do visa extension and she received another BRP Card which is Valid until: 20-08-2022

My question is when we can apply for her ILR please??? What date onward I can submit her application... I understand it's 28 days before but I can't work out really how it works as I don't want to mess up..

Also when she can apply for her British citizenship?? Do we have to provide 5 years document evidence of cohebition s as well for citizenship application???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application date for wife. How soon can she apply?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:02 pm

My question is when we can apply for her ILR please??? What date onward I can submit her application... I understand it's 28 days before but I can't work out really how it works as I don't want to mess up..
She can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date she entered the UK, ie 20/4/2022 minus 28 days.
Also when she can apply for her British citizenship?? Do we have to provide 5 years document evidence of cohebition s as well for citizenship application???
As soon as she has ilr BRP card provided she meets the requirements. Cohabitation is NOT required for citizenship.

Please ask any citizenship question in the correct sub forum and not in the ILR sub forum.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leon2019
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application date for wife. How soon can she apply?

Post by leon2019 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:11 pm

thank you so much for your reply CR001.. appreciate it a lot.. I think just to be safe I will put her application in early or mid April 2022.. thx