ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Extension - Help Needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RAJ007
India

PBS Dependent Extension - Help Needed

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:36 am

Hello,

I am currently on ILR through Tier 2 General route and applying for my wife PBS Dependent Visa Extension.

My Wife visa is due to expire in 2 Weeks time.

Below are the question I would like to double check before I pay the fees;

.1. On the Application form it is showing;
TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant partner. ? Is this Correct.

.2. And while Paying for the IHS Fee, on the IHS Form, for applicant it is showing;
Visa Route as "Dependent" ? Is this Correct
Visa Type as "Skilled Worker(Dependant) 3 Year" ? Is this Correct

.3. And on the same IHS Fees form, one of the question is "If you're applying as someone's dependant, enter their work dates.". As I am on ILR, I don't have Work Start and End date. Can I use my BRP Issue and expiry date or it has to be something else. ?

.4. And on the same IHS Fee Form, its asking for MY (Sponsor) Visa Route and Visa Type. As my Visa Route was Tier-2 and Visa Type was Tier 2 (General), I dont see "Tier 2(General) 3 Year" in the Visa Type, when I select visa route as Tier 2. So is it okay to select below;
Visa Route as "Skilled Worker" ? Is this Correct
Visa Type as "Skilled Worker 3 Year" ? Is this Correct

Please help me on this.

I really appreciate all your help!!!

nightcrawler2u
India

Re: PBS Dependent Extension - Help Needed

Post by nightcrawler2u » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:46 pm

I did the same for my wife 2 months ago. My answers below.
RAJ007 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:36 am
Hello,

I am currently on ILR through Tier 2 General route and applying for my wife PBS Dependent Visa Extension.

TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant partner. ? Is this Correct. - Yes, since PBS partner is one of them, its correct.

.2. And while Paying for the IHS Fee, on the IHS Form, for applicant it is showing;
Visa Type as "Skilled Worker(Dependant) 3 Year" ? Is this Correct - Yes Tier 2 was replaced by Skilled worker so this is correct.

.3. And on the same IHS Fees form, one of the question is "If you're applying as someone's dependant, enter their work dates.". As I am on ILR, I don't have Work Start and End date. Can I use my BRP Issue and expiry date or it has to be something else. ? - you enter a start date as the date of application(so if applying today - enter today's date) and end date as a date exactly 3 years from now. (if start date is 27-01-2022, end date is 27-01-2025). This is very important to ensure you're paying 3 years IHS exactly. If you enter a date more than this or less it will calculate IHS wrongly.

.4. And on the same IHS Fee Form, its asking for MY (Sponsor) Visa Route and Visa Type. As my Visa Route was Tier-2 and Visa Type was Tier 2 (General), I dont see "Tier 2(General) 3 Year" in the Visa Type, when I select visa route as Tier 2. So is it okay to select below;
Visa Type as "Skilled Worker 3 Year" ? Is this Correct - Yes, SW 3 year is fine. Since you entered your details in the application form they have all they need.

Please help me on this.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:42 am

Thanks Nightcrawler2u !!!

I really appreciate your help for clarifying my doubts on this questions. This was really helpful.

.1. Also on IHS form its asking for the My(Sponsor) Visa Expiry Date.

And as you stated earlier if Work Start Date is "27-01-2022" and Work End Date is "27-01-2025".

Does that mean My(Sponsor) Visa Expiry Date will be also "27-01-2025" or it should be my actual BRP Card Expiry Date which is Dec-2024.

.2. On the Consent Form, Below is my understanding please correct me if I am wrong;
Part 1 has to be filled by my Wife ? Is this Correct
Part 2 has to be filled by me as we have joint account Utility Bill and Council Tax Bill ? Is this Correct
Part 3 has to be again filled by me as I will be financially supporting my wife as she does not work at the moment ? Is this Correct

Please let me know on this.

Thanks.

nightcrawler2u wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:46 pm
RAJ007 wrote:
Hello,

TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant partner. ? Is this Correct. - Yes, since PBS partner is one of them, its correct.

Visa Type as "Skilled Worker(Dependant) 3 Year" ? Is this Correct - Yes Tier 2 was replaced by Skilled worker so this is correct.

.3. And on the same IHS Fees form, one of the question is "If you're applying as someone's dependant, enter their work dates.". As I am on ILR, I don't have Work Start and End date. Can I use my BRP Issue and expiry date or it has to be something else. ? - you enter a start date as the date of application(so if applying today - enter today's date) and end date as a date exactly 3 years from now. (if start date is 27-01-2022, end date is 27-01-2025). This is very important to ensure you're paying 3 years IHS exactly. If you enter a date more than this or less it will calculate IHS wrongly.

Visa Type as "Skilled Worker 3 Year" ? Is this Correct - Yes, SW 3 year is fine. Since you entered your details in the application form they have all they need.

Please help me on this.

nightcrawler2u
India

Post by nightcrawler2u » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:39 am

RAJ007 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:42 am
Thanks Nightcrawler2u !!!

I really appreciate your help for clarifying my doubts on this questions. This was really helpful.

.1. Also on IHS form its asking for the My(Sponsor) Visa Expiry Date.

And as you stated earlier if Work Start Date is "27-01-2022" and Work End Date is "27-01-2025".

Does that mean My(Sponsor) Visa Expiry Date will be also "27-01-2025" or it should be my actual BRP Card Expiry Date which is Dec-2024. Since you have ILR these expiry dates are meaningless. You are only entering them for the sake of calculating the IHS cost for 3 years, since you have ILR. Enter 3 years e.g." 27-01-2025". My advice make sure its exactly 3 years. If you enter a date even one day more your IHS will be charged for 3.5 years, and you have to redo the whole process again.

.2. On the Consent Form, Below is my understanding please correct me if I am wrong;
Part 1 has to be filled by my Wife ? Is this Correct
Part 2 has to be filled by me as we have joint account Utility Bill and Council Tax Bill ? Is this Correct
Part 3 has to be again filled by me as I will be financially supporting my wife as she does not work at the moment ? Is this Correct
Part 1 is signed by the applicant, Part 2 by the spouse (you)., Part 3 is blank. There is no other 3rd party apart from you sponsoring her.

Thanks.

nightcrawler2u wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:46 pm
RAJ007 wrote:
Hello,

Please help me on this.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:07 pm

Thanks @Nightcrawler2u for answering those question.

I have tried this dates using IHS Calculator and providing my BRP issue date i.e. 2018 and End date as 2024 which is short of 1 month. And it actually calculated the amount for 3 years i.e. £1872.

So not sure if the IHS form will behave bit differently.

Just on that, giving actually dummy dates as work expiry date in future, Its not called as deception right and would I need to mention this in my covering letter stating that I have added 3 years to the application date to make it a work expiry date.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:36 pm

You need to put the date if intended application plus 3 years to get the IHS etc matching with the visa dates.

It is NOT deception!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:36 pm
You need to put the date if intended application plus 3 years to get the IHS etc matching with the visa dates.

It is NOT deception!!
Thanks you CR001.

Just so that my understanding is right , could you please also confirm on this please;
.1. If I pay my IHS and application fees today i.e. 28/01/2022, My Work Start Date , Work End date and Visa Expiry Date will as below on the IHS form;

Work Start Date - 28/01/2022
Work End Date - 28/01/2025
Visa Expiry Date - 28/01/2025

is the correct ?

.2. My visa application date will be today date i.e 28/01/2022, if I pay my Fees today and not 26/01/2022 the day when I completed the declaration on the application form and the Application form is not editable anymore ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:32 pm

What I have advised is only relevant to the IHS page and not the application form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:32 pm
What I have advised is only relevant to the IHS page and not the application form.
Thanks CR001. That was really helpful.

katuhriina
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by katuhriina » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:53 pm

Hi RAJ007

I would like to ask what is the name of the route you are applying for your wife. I have the same situation for my husband and I am really lost. I only have 4wks remaining.

ahmed32111
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed32111 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:42 am

Good day Experts,

Hope you are fine. I have come to the UK on T1 Exceptional Talent and got the ILR in September 2020 (currently applied for the naturalization). My wife and kids came in Sep 2017 on a 4.5 year visa (expiring in Feb 2022).

My wife and kids extension is due now. They will apply for ILR in Oct 22 (this year). Appreciate if the experts can advise on the following:

How many years of extension will I require for wife and and kids?

How many years of IHS surcharge do I need to pay?

Will remaining IHS be refunded if I apply for their ILR in Oct 2022?

My ILR expiry date is Dec 2024, should I mention this date in their extension details?

Is this the right category to apply for their extension (PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant partner). URL: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

Are there priority services available for PBS dependent extensions?

Appreciate your guidance and expert opinions.

Thanks. Ahmed

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:20 am

katuhriina wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:53 pm
Hi RAJ007

I would like to ask what is the name of the route you are applying for your wife. I have the same situation for my husband and I am really lost. I only have 4wks remaining.
Hi Katuhriina,

I am applying for my wife as Dependent Partner on PBS route, as I was initially on Tier 2 and the link to apply for the same is below;

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Hi Nightcrawler2u,

Are we suppose to upload all the scanned documents as it is i.e. Coloured or it has to be in Black and white especially the Passport and Brp ?

As on upload document section on UKVCAS it says;

"Scan in Greyscale or Black and white: To help contain the files size to 6MB please scan in ‘Greyscale’ or ‘Black and white’ and not in ‘Colour’. It is also helpful to keep the resolution between 150 dpi (dots per inch) to 300 dpi. This can be achieved by configuring your device by the available ‘Settings’ option, that allows you to choose the file format, colour and the dpi resolution. With this approach, you will be able to scan up to 50 pages per document within the allowed 6 MB limit."

Thanks

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:36 pm

Color is fine as long as the file size is smaller than 6MB.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

nightcrawler2u
India

Post by nightcrawler2u » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:14 am

As ywlgy says - these are just information notes to help people. It's not hard and fast rules. Colour is fine if withing the size limit.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:28 am

nightcrawler2u wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:14 am
As ywlgy says - these are just information notes to help people. It's not hard and fast rules. Colour is fine if withing the size limit.
Thanks ywlgy and nightcrawler2u for clarifying on this.

Also I own a house on Mortgage, Do I also need to upload the Copy of Land registry house deeds and Annual Mortgage Statement too for Cohabitation ?

Thanks

nightcrawler2u
India

Post by nightcrawler2u » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:06 am

The 2 year cohabitation requirement is only for unmarried partners. If you are married you only have to show that the marriage is subsisting, i.e. that you are actually living together (correspondence to both of you at the same address e.g. bills, bank statements, etc). You can include mortgage statements if you like but land registry etc is a bit overkill. Just recent normal bills to your names is enough.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:57 pm

nightcrawler2u wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:06 am
The 2 year cohabitation requirement is only for unmarried partners. If you are married you only have to show that the marriage is subsisting, i.e. that you are actually living together (correspondence to both of you at the same address e.g. bills, bank statements, etc). You can include mortgage statements if you like but land registry etc is a bit overkill. Just recent normal bills to your names is enough.
Perfect!. Thanks Nightcrawler2u, that was a great help.

This perfectly makes sense as one of the checklist for us is below;
"Documents showing you and your partner are living together (for example, a utility bill, council tax bill or
bank statement)"

I will include the mortgage statement this time.

I have booked biometric appointment at Luton, Just want to know if you have used this center before and if we have a parking facility at this center as this looks like a business park.

Thanks.

nightcrawler2u
India

Post by nightcrawler2u » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:07 pm

No idea about parking facilities there as I haven't been. Might be worth checking public parking nearby as a backup either way

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:35 am

nightcrawler2u wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:07 pm
No idea about parking facilities there as I haven't been. Might be worth checking public parking nearby as a backup either way
Thanks Nightcrawler2u. Found something nearby on JustPark, will book that just to be on safe side.

I have recently renewed my old passport which was expired. And the Old passport has now the Cancelled stamp on it. So do I need to upload the first and the last page of both the passport (Old and New) OR just the new passport will dot.

Do let me know on this.

Thanks.

nightcrawler2u
India

Post by nightcrawler2u » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:10 pm

RAJ007 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:35 am
nightcrawler2u wrote:
Thanks Nightcrawler2u. Found something nearby on JustPark, will book that just to be on safe side.

I have recently renewed my old passport which was expired. And the Old passport has now the Cancelled stamp on it. So do I need to upload the first and the last page of both the passport (Old and New) OR just the new passport will dot.

Do let me know on this.

Thanks.
Since the application is for your wife and not you just your new passport should be enough.

katuhriina
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by katuhriina » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:39 pm

RAJ007 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:20 am
katuhriina wrote:
Hi RAJ007

Hi Katuhriina,

I am applying for my wife as Dependent Partner on PBS route, as I was initially on Tier 2 and the link to apply for the same is below;

Thank you so much! he got his visa last sunday

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:44 pm

nightcrawler2u wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:10 pm
RAJ007 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:35 am
nightcrawler2u wrote:

Do let me know on this.

Thanks.
Since the application is for your wife and not you just your new passport should be enough.
Thanks nightcrawler2u, Just uploaded my new passport.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:46 pm

katuhriina wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:39 pm
RAJ007 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:20 am
katuhriina wrote:
Hi RAJ007

Hi Katuhriina,

Thank you so much! he got his visa last sunday
Congratulations Katuhriina!

Did you go for Priority service ?

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohaib25 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:21 am

Hi,

Any of you who have applied PBS dependent extension visa in December/January 2021

Have you got the visa?, as per guidance they have mentioned 8 weeks but how long did it take for your application to process?

Any help would be great as i am planning holidays so need to know.

Thanks in Advance