ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa - Change of Job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ska_abbas

Skilled Worker Visa - Change of Job

Post by ska_abbas » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:08 pm

Hello there,

I recently arrived in the UK along with my family on Skilled Worker Visa and my wife and kids are on Skilled Worker Dependent and Child Visas. We have received our BRPs which are valid till Nov 2024.

I understand, if I change my job to a new employer, I need to get my visa updated under the new Certificate of Sponsorship from new employer. But what about my wife's and children. Do they need to get their visa updated? Their current vignette or BRP doesnt mention my CoS number, so not sure if their visa needs to be updated or not?

As per UKVI, https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... r-employer
"Your partner or children will need to apply separately to update their visa. They can either apply at the same time as you, or at any time before their current visa expires.".... Does that mean, they do not need to apply straight away...

I'll be grateful, if someone who has had a similar experience can confirm

Thanks

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Skilled Worker Visa - Change of Job

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:53 pm

ska_abbas wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:08 pm
As per UKVI, https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... r-employer
"Your partner or children will need to apply separately to update their visa. They can either apply at the same time as you, or at any time before their current visa expires.".... Does that mean, they do not need to apply straight away...
You've responded your own question with that quote: "they can either apply now or at any time before their current visa expires".

It's up to you when to apply.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:36 pm

Hi, What will happen if dependent child is eligible for ILR before visa expiry, still he needs to first update visa and then apply for ILR?

prkkk
Newly Registered
India

Post by prkkk » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:34 pm

Looking for input on what you finally did ska_abbas

Did you fill for a visa again for your dependents or did you hold since you can wait till their BRP end date