ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport - naturalisation - certificate number

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vijayswami
India

Documents for first adult British passport and child british passport post naturalisation

Post by vijayswami » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:46 pm

Hi Team..

Apologies if this question has been answered in the previous posts.

Today myself and my family have done with British citizenship ceremony, what are all the documents I should submit pls?

I came to UK with my family on Tier2 ICT, obtained ILR and got citizenship today...
Apart from naturalisation certificate and uncancelled Indian passport, do I need to send my original birth certificate too (i dont currently have it in UK)...

For my son (9 years old, born in India), do I need to provide original birth certificate pls apart from Naturalisation certificate and indian passport

Thanks in advance for your response...

vijayswami
India

Re: Documents for first adult British passport and child british passport post naturalisation

Post by vijayswami » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:24 pm

Any help pls for the above query? Thanks in advance

vijayswami
India

British passport - naturalisation - certificate number

Post by vijayswami » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:38 pm

Hi Team

While applying for first british adult passport, one of the question was to enter the "certificate number"..In the website while filling the online form it says as "This is usually 7 digit number towards the bottom left of the certificate"..

However on the bottom left of the naturalisation certificate, the certificate number is 8 digits..

Morever there is one 7 digit number at the bottom right side of the certificate.. however it does not say as certificate number, rather it starts with C followed by 7 digits.

Can you pls advise, whether I should go with "bottom left of the certificate, where it has stated as "certificate number" which holds 8 digits (or) on the bottom right side of the certificate?

Thanks in advance for your response

vijayswami
India

Re: Documents for first adult British passport and child british passport post naturalisation

Post by vijayswami » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:42 pm

(Pls ignore the below posts, sorry... it doesn't ask for any birth certificate..)

vijayswami
India

Re: British passport - naturalisation - certificate number

Post by vijayswami » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:22 pm

Sorry my post got merged.. any help pls with regards to the certificate number query I raised below

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:31 pm

vijayswami wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:22 pm
Sorry my post got merged.. any help pls with regards to the certificate number query I raised below
You are overthinking
The question does say "usually" meaning it could be more than 7 digits! Simply put in the 8 digit cert number as asked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:46 pm

Thanks a lot CR001