ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

help needed pleaes just bacame aware of ccj

Post by Evicra » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:55 am

my brother just became aware of CCJ about 5 days ago. His application for naturalization is under process . Please advise what to do. thanks

t2momodu
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by t2momodu » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:27 pm

Happy new year folks.

My naturalisation application is still in draft...quick questions, sincere apologies if this may have been answered in any of the threads on here...

Q1: Referees - I have put down one referee who's occupation is a lawyer but he is not representing me in this application. I do not need or have any solicitor or agent representing, question is, is he a suitable referee?

Q2: Good character requirement [Parking tickets] - i had had parking tickets issued in 2018 and in October 2019 - all four all paid on time no contest, i have declared this on my application, is this good move or there isn't any need to?

Thank you in anticipation of a positive prompt response.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

i didnt know my application was aproved n 28 oct 2021

Post by Evicra » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:04 pm

hi all
my mrs received letter from local council 13/01/2022 tp book ceremony for British citizenship as here certificate would expire on 28/04/2022..

After reading this link
https://www.gov.uk/citizenship-ceremonies,
Citizenship ceremonies and coronavirus (COVID-19)
Usually you must attend a citizenship ceremony within 3 months of receiving your invitation from the Home Office. Because of coronavirus, this has been extended to 6 months.

i am sure my application was approved on 28 october 2022 and nobody informed us.

what's your opinion?
Anyone waiting for decision, there is no harm in trying your local council. Thanks

Guzz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Guzz » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:04 pm

Guzz wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:11 pm
Setmilr987 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:18 pm
@opinion19903214 Thank you so much. Highly appreciated.

It's been six months and I have not recieved any correspondence/update from the home office.

I believe, my application was super straightforward. 5 years same catagory + ILR , no gap, no overstaying, no complex immigration history, no convictions, not spent more than 14 days outside of the UK but still waiting for more than six month to get the decesion. Just wondering, what kind of application queue system HO has where some applicants get the decesion within 6 to 8 weeks and some are waiting for months and years.

I have seen here on the forum that many applicants who have passed the six months timeline and HO replied to everyone with the same response/excuse.

I will also give a try and will see what they response.
Hi, I am also waiting over 6 months now with not a single piece of information having ever been passed onto myself since i made the application (12 June 2021). I have emailed HO immediately on the 13th with no response to date.

I’d be most grateful if you could let me know whether your enquiries bring any joy!
I have today finally received a response to my December email enquiring what’s going on - decision made on 11th January and sent by email! I never received a single thing. Hope you hear back soon

Everyone - does anyone know whether there is a thread explaining what the decision email generally says? I am keen to find out since the response to my enquiry was in itself was quite brief and I’d like some more info. Thanks

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:09 am

Guzz wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:04 pm
Guzz wrote:
Setmilr987 wrote:

I have today finally received a response to my December email enquiring what’s going on - decision made on 11th January and sent by email! I never received a single thing. Hope you hear back soon

Everyone - does anyone know whether there is a thread explaining what the decision email generally says? I am keen to find out since the response to my enquiry was in itself was quite brief and I’d like some more info. Thanks

@Guzz indeed a great news, congrats to you.

You can call or email to your local council straigtaway.
I think currently, the decesion email has confirmation of approval as well as invitation of citizenship ceremony. HO does not send a seperarte email for citizenship ceremony.

In my case: its been 6 months and 12 days :roll:
I have also sent an email to HO (furthernationalityenquires) on 7th Jan (still waiting for their reply). Also launched a complaint to HO customer service for delaying @UKVI website on 17th Jan.
Also phoned them yesterday. However, It was useless as they could not tell any reason for delaying apart from covid-19.

kairee
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by kairee » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:55 am

Hi
May I ask did you email all these email address for update? Did you send official complaint through their website?
And may I ask what is SAR and how do I raise this?

I applied in March 2021 and still have not heard a thing.

Thank you

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brazos » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:00 am

kairee wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:55 am
Hi
May I ask did you email all these email address for update? Did you send official complaint through their website?

Thank you
Yes I emailed on all these addresses and raised a complaint through Home office website. For SAR,

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Hope this helps.

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:05 am

kairee wrote:
Hi

Thank you

SAR will give you all the information held by that specific company.

at this stage, you will want to get your MP involved as well as sending HO a PAP letter.

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brazos » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:13 am

zamanam wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:51 am
Hi Brazos

Many congratulations for getting registered now.

We also received survey email from home office but no update yet.

Can you please confirm if you hit survey email first and i
Is it usual to get survey before decision.

Did you call HO as well if so which number.

Thank you
Many congratulations to you too as I can see you got your approval as well after getting the survey email. This forum has been of tremendous help.

Guzz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Guzz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:50 pm

Setmilr987 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:09 am
Guzz wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:04 pm
Guzz wrote:
Setmilr987 wrote:

@Guzz indeed a great news, congrats to you.

You can call or email to your local council straigtaway.
I think currently, the decesion email has confirmation of approval as well as invitation of citizenship ceremony. HO does not send a seperarte email for citizenship ceremony.

In my case: its been 6 months and 12 days :roll:
I have also sent an email to HO (furthernationalityenquires) on 7th Jan (still waiting for their reply). Also launched a complaint to HO customer service for delaying @UKVI website on 17th Jan.
Also phoned them yesterday. However, It was useless as they could not tell any reason for delaying apart from covid-19.
I have contacted my council today and they said that they don’t hold any documents for me and that I need to wait for an invitation to come through from HO. So, frustratingly, more waiting 😒

I do hope that you hear back soon - it seems that the more you nag them and chase them post 6 months. They begin to get a slight move on! I appreciate they have a backlog and caseworkers will be under pressure but really, they should be at least processing these things chronologically

kairee
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by kairee » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:20 pm

prs wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:05 am
kairee wrote:
Hi

Thank you

SAR will give you all the information held by that specific company.

at this stage, you will want to get your MP involved as well as sending HO a PAP letter.
Hi, thank you for your reply. What is a PAP letter and how do I send this. Thank you.

poorman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by poorman » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:51 pm

it seems naturalisation results stopped now. October and November applications got the result up to 17 January 2022. is there any 1-7 December application to got the result?

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:50 pm

Farali786 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:09 pm
Same situation here. I did apply on 1st May and Biometric on 28th May. I am still waiting for an answer. I did send them an email and they said that my application is under process as normal and once the decision is made I will be notified. I have also involved my MP but no result. Don't know how they prioritized applications but it is really frustrating.
Quick update.
I did file an official complaint on the 5th of January and today my MP has confirmed me via email that he has spoken with my case worker and she has confirmed that my application was approved on 18th January.

Lolabora
Newly Registered

Post by Lolabora » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:08 pm

Brazos wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:11 pm
Brazos wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
Vin82 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm
Got this mail from Atlas:
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by date, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

What does that mean ? How much more delay expected?
I got the same email about a week ago. I applied on 07 June 2021 on spousal route with a pretty straightforward application with no issues. Anybody else who got a similar email followed by an approval, just to shed some light as to how much time it usually takes to get a decision after such kind of an email from home office. So frustrating, this waiting game. Hopefully soon.
After that, I raised an SAR with home office with no response up till now, involved my local MP on 14th Dec and also raised an official complaint with home office on 20th December.
Received survey email on 6th January, Thursday and got email to book ceremony (includes approval) this morning at 0940. Finally after 7 months and 4 days. And luckily was booked in for a group ceremony for tomorrow. Really happy. Best of luck to those who are waiting as it's the hardest part and often leads to some very stressful days but know that it's going to come through. This forum has not only been helpful but also served as emotionally supportive. Especial thanks to the moderators and members who have always been there for others.
Hi Brazos :D , I have just entered the 9th month since submitting my application (May 2021) without a response other than identical replies as mentioned above :x . I have contacted my MP as well but they have not had a response from HO. Would you be so kind as to let me have a template for the complaint and the webpage where I can submit my complaint? I would be most grateful for your help. Thanks, Lola.

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brazos » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:39 am

Lolabora wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:08 pm
Brazos wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:11 pm
Brazos wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
Vin82 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm
Got this mail from Atlas:
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by date, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

What does that mean ? How much more delay expected?
I got the same email about a week ago. I applied on 07 June 2021 on spousal route with a pretty straightforward application with no issues. Anybody else who got a similar email followed by an approval, just to shed some light as to how much time it usually takes to get a decision after such kind of an email from home office. So frustrating, this waiting game. Hopefully soon.
After that, I raised an SAR with home office with no response up till now, involved my local MP on 14th Dec and also raised an official complaint with home office on 20th December.
Received survey email on 6th January, Thursday and got email to book ceremony (includes approval) this morning at 0940. Finally after 7 months and 4 days. And luckily was booked in for a group ceremony for tomorrow. Really happy. Best of luck to those who are waiting as it's the hardest part and often leads to some very stressful days but know that it's going to come through. This forum has not only been helpful but also served as emotionally supportive. Especial thanks to the moderators and members who have always been there for others.
Hi Brazos :D , I have just entered the 9th month since submitting my application (May 2021) without a response other than identical replies as mentioned above :x . I have contacted my MP as well but they have not had a response from HO. Would you be so kind as to let me have a template for the complaint and the webpage where I can submit my complaint? I would be most grateful for your help. Thanks, Lola.
Sorry to hear that Lola, hopefully you'll get your decision soon. The link for the compliant I used,

https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration

What I wrote to them is given below as an example,

It's been over ___ months since I applied for naturalisation on the basis of spouse of a British citizen (can write whatever is relevant). This waiting is pretty stressful and takes a toll on mental well being after waiting for such a long time with no definite timescale for a decision.

I received an email from office around 3 weeks ago that it'll take longer then six weeks due to some complex issues which I'm struggling to understand. I have requested my local MP and have requested an SAR as well to have some kind of an idea. Being part of an online immigration forum some people have suggested that a PAP letter with a JR can be resorted to in case of long delays. I am not sure what to do and don't want to cause unnecessary fuss with the home office as well, but thought to raise this complaint as the communication on the delay of my application has an ambiguous portion which says that home office expects to make a decision by date, but there is no mention of any date and that kind of makes it indefinite.

The portion of the email which says the above is quoted below,

"We expect to make a decision on your application by date, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible."

In the light of above I humbly request to please let me know what's happening with my application and when can I expect a decision.

Kind regards
Your name here
Date of Birth: xyz

UNIQUE APPLICATION NUMBER: xyz

Date of Application: xyz

PAYMENT REFERENCE: xyz

Passport Number: xyz

Address: xyz
Mobile: xyz

Moon001
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Moon001 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:15 am

Is it true that Home Office sends naturalisation approval email only on Monday? All the recent timeline entries reflect the same.

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:39 pm

Moon001 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:15 am
Is it true that Home Office sends naturalisation approval email only on Monday? All the recent timeline entries reflect the same.
It seems quite the trend tbh. So, unless people are particularly active on this forum on Mondays, I assumed the same.

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brazos » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:01 pm

Mine came on a Monday as well. Seems that most decisions are sent on Mondays.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:21 pm

Last 30 odd approvals have all come on Mondays
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:15 pm

[/quote]

Same here, nearly 7 months. (Submitted application in July, 2021). I have not heard anything from H.O.
Sent email @furthernationalityenquiries as well as complaint to UKVI for delay in decesions (3 weeks ago). No reponse yet.

Abdi44
Newly Registered
Ethiopia

Post by Abdi44 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:27 pm

Applied for BC September 2019, still waiting never been in any kind of trouble as well..

Abdi44
Newly Registered
Ethiopia

Post by Abdi44 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:26 pm

I believe, my application was straightforward. 5 years same catagory + ILR , no gap, no overstaying, no complex immigration history, no convictions, not spent more than 31 days outside of the UK. I aplied in september 2019 and still waiting.

orhan66
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by orhan66 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:01 pm

send email to home office. they're forgot your case NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

orhan66
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by orhan66 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:03 pm

you will get answers very fast :wink:

orhan66
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by orhan66 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:03 pm

you will get answers very fast