ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused EU treaty rights of a qualifying member

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manymen9
Newly Registered
Ireland

Refused EU treaty rights of a qualifying member

Post by manymen9 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:24 am

I entered Ireland as a Dependant child of a British Citizen
I applied as a qualifying member of an EU citizen

I applied on: 10/01/2017
Received acknowledgement l on: 15/01/2017
Temporary permission granted : 29/03/2017
refused application and reviewed : 09/10/2018
Further temporary permission granted : 22/11/2018
Case closed and forwaded to Repatriation on : 20/07/2020
Minister McEntee grants extension until : 31/05/2022

All stamps above granted were temporary Stamp 4.
Never qualified as a family member.

SO I am completing 5 years in the state on stamp 4 basis in May 2022 as per residency calculator.

Now I have applied for PR

PR refused quoting that I do not fall under Chenchooliah case as I was never been qualified as a EU family member and I will be issued with a deportation order after the current permission expires on 31/05/2022.

any other options available for my case to remain in the state with a permission?

experts please advise!

dubnew
Ireland

Re: Refused EU treaty rights of a qualifying member

Post by dubnew » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:09 pm

What is the expiry of your most recent IRP card?

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:13 pm

Doesn't the Chenchooliah case have to do with spouses, or is there a different application of it regarding children, dependent children and so on?

manymen9
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by manymen9 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:06 pm

dubnew wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:09 pm
Most recent IRP card expired on 08 Sep 2020 but an Automatic extension was granted by the minster so technically it is 31 May 2022

manymen9
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by manymen9 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:08 pm

Nala2021 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:13 pm
Doesn't the Chenchooliah case have to do with spouses, or is there a different application of it regarding children, dependent children and so on?
Well that Chenchooliah case is for those Third Country National who were qualified as a EU family member or a permitted family member where the EU family leaves the country.

They stated that I was never qualified as a family member in my EU treaty rights application.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:15 pm

So you've been here solely on appeals and such and they refused your EU3?
Am I correct to understand you're a child of a British parent who lives in Ireland?
Did you try looking into this (https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... ly-member/) and applying as a dependent of a British citizen?

I have a somewhat similar situation to yours in general terms (been here for 5 years, but no option to extend my current stamp). Unfortunately, 5 years in Ireland alone (unless you were on work permits) won't give you any legal reason to stay here. You can indeed apply for citizenship, but you need to find a way to extend your residency permit in other ways.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

manymen9
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by manymen9 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:43 pm

I have been solely here on temporary permissions granted under EU treaty rights.
They refused my application to qualify as a family member of a EU citizen. I have applied as a dependant child.
Can I apply for EU3 or EU5? I applied for permission to remain I have bought property and stuff in Ireland.
My permission to remain application was refused recently.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:51 pm

manymen9 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:43 pm
I have been solely here on temporary permissions granted under EU treaty rights.
They refused my application to qualify as a family member of a EU citizen. I have applied as a dependant child.
Can I apply for EU3 or EU5? I applied for permission to remain I have bought property and stuff in Ireland.
My permission to remain application was refused recently.
As Britain is not in the EU anymore, maybe you should got the British route?
If they refused your EU Treaty applications, I honestly doubt you can go with EU3/EU5.
What was the reason of your first/second application denial?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

manymen9
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by manymen9 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:05 pm

The first reason for denial is that there is insufficient proof for me being a dependant on him. Second was I got a job and working while he was sick, so I wasn't financially dependant on him anymore.

Do I have any other options?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:15 pm

manymen9 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:05 pm
The first reason for denial is that there is insufficient proof for me being a dependant on him. Second was I got a job and working while he was sick, so I wasn't financially dependant on him anymore.

Does your job allow you to go via work permit route?

dubnew
Ireland

Post by dubnew » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:48 pm

manymen9 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:06 pm
dubnew wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:09 pm
Most recent IRP card expired on 08 Sep 2020 but an Automatic extension was granted by the minster so technically it is 31 May 2022
Forget about your all temporary permissions. Department will not consider your legal residency in the state.

You should consider to submit your application under undocumented scheme.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:57 pm

Undocumented scheme might be an option, but I'm unsure if that is viable in this case: they mention 4 years of undocumented residence.

manymen9
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by manymen9 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:55 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:15 pm
manymen9 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:05 pm

Does your job allow you to go via work permit route?
My Job doesnt allow me go via work permit

manymen9
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by manymen9 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:56 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:57 pm
Undocumented scheme might be an option, but I'm unsure if that is viable in this case: they mention 4 years of undocumented residence.
But If I have permission and had some sort of stamp then will it still count on undocumented route? My solicitor told me to wait until May end to see what they will write and take from there further, but they have clearly mention if my status doesn't change by then I should expect a deportation order.