ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds Maintenance: Joint Account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theroyale

Funds Maintenance: Joint Account

Post by theroyale » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:59 am

I have got mixed messages on using a Joint Account to show funds maintenance. The INF21 guidance states only the following in relation to Joint Accounts:
If you wish to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, you must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual.
Reading messages on this forum however it does not seem to be as straightforward:

1. Some say that the Joint Account must only be with a spouse. Is there any such requirement?

2. Is there a requirement of Account Activity on this account? For example I may have a joint account with my parents that is not used by any of us as a primary account (i.e. perhaps no activity for months on end) but still contains the requisite funds. Can this account be used?

Any feedback, especially Case-Workers' notes on maintenance-related EC/T1 rejections, will be very useful for applicants to decide whether/how to use Joint Accounts to show maintenance funds.

Thanks,
Ashwin

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:07 am

Adding a relevant link/quote to this here from another post in this forum:
The joint account with Parents not accepted by VFS india. (I dont known abt in other countries ). Only joint account with Spouse is accepted.

Mine application rejected for the same purpose.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=31867