ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I continue working after applying Visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmssaa
India

Can I continue working after applying Visa?

Post by mmssaa » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi there,

I am holding a Stamp 1 visa which was granted on the basis of my CSEP. My Employment Permit is valid till Mid April 2022 and so is my visa. Since I am not yet eligible to apply for Stamp 4, my employer has applied
for a new Employment Permit in Nov'21.

The Current processing time for CSEP is almost 4 months and the Visa Processing times at the Dublin visa office is over 3 months.

I might get the CSEP before my visa expires, but since visa processing in the Dublin office is taking over 3 months currently at the Dublin office, I am just a bit worried that I might have to leave the country.

1. Can anyone please suggest what should I do in this case? I don't know why Dublin office is taking over 3 months to process Employment visa applications whereas all the other countries take just 7 days.
2. Assuming I get my CSEP and I apply for my new visa before my visa expires, can I continue working with my employer?

Thank you so much in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Can I continue working after applying Visa?

Post by meself2 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:10 pm

There is an extension till May 31st for current permissions at least, so you have a tiny bit more breathing space.
You're also confusing visas and IRP, Irish Residence Permits, and these are the ones you should have with Stamp 1. These visa times have nothing to do with you if you're in the country. You have IRP, right?

If you live in Dublin, all you need to do is wait and apply online at least a month before your current IRP expires (if everything goes smoothly, you'll have a month and a half to get your IRP back).

There is 6 months between your current expiry date (with an extension) and your permit application. I'd say you'll be fine, just need to wait. You've done what you can at the moment.

If you want to be safe, have a chat with your employer about your work eligibility closer to the date, but who knows, maybe they'll make another extension.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:15 pm

You are not making too much sense. Why do you need a visa when you are already working and living in Ireland?

If you obtain your new CSEP before 31 May, you can continue working and living here with no issue whatsoever. If your CSEP arrives after that date, you are expected not to work until you get the new CSEP.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:24 pm

Apologies @littlerr and @meself2. I thought I need to apply for a visa again. Glad I don't have to.
If your CSEP arrives after that date, you are expected not to work until you get the new CSEP.
Assuming I don't get my CSEP till May 31st and my visa/IRP has expired, I understand that I cannot work but can I stay in the country whilst my new CSEP arrives?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:41 pm

That’s correct. You can stay in the country while there is an active application going on, but you cannot work if your current CSEP has expired and the new one hasn’t been approved.

You will still need to register with INIS and get a new IRP card once your new permit arrives, but that doesn’t prevent you from working or living while you wait for your card.