ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency Calculator

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Frosja
Newly Registered
Russia

Residency Calculator

Post by Frosja » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:15 pm

Hi!
I had a permission to reside in the state that has expired on 18-02-2021 and was temporary extended by the minister of Justice because of Covid. I got my new permit on 02-12-2021 but the calculator doesn’t recognize the time in between that I was legally residing in the state as per Ministers order. So in this case I don’t have the required 365 days residing in the state prior to applying for Naturalisation. Can You please kindly advise what should I do in my situation?
Thanks in advance!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Residency Calculator

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:38 pm

What I did is just put an extra permit from the expiration date until the end of an extension to cover the gaps. Haven't got any feedback from ISD on my application, obviously, but I'd expect that with a cover letter explaining this should do it.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Residency Calculator

Post by mentalmind » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:51 pm

If your IRP expired on 18.02.2021 just put new one's date as 19.02.2021 and expire date is depends on your situation. I was in similar situation, my residence was expired on May 2020 and I could renew it on September 2020 (bcs of police stations were closed) and this is the answer I got from Citizenship Help desk 2
When submitting your application please include
written confirmation that the gap in your stamp is due to restrictions
imposed by the health guidelines for Covid-19. This office will take a
pragmatic approach when calculating residency due to the pandemic. When
completing the calculator use May 2020.
I wrote down a letter explaining the situation, and I stated that I was working during this time with valid work permit and I was residing in Ireland. So you can try the same. I didn't heard back from my application so this is just an idea, nothing official (apart from the email I got as answer)

Remember that, you need 365 days continous residency and less than 6 weeks absence in this 365 days.