ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application Date

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AndrewD
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Application Date

Post by AndrewD » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:46 pm

My wife and I are preparing for the extension of her spouse visa. Searching online, I found some people saying you can apply any time and others saying it had to be within 28 days of the current visa expiring. I then came here and found people saying you can apply for an extension within 28 days before reaching 30 months since the date you entered the UK on a spouse visa.

My wife was already in the UK when she received her visa, as she was here on a student visa when we married. The date of issue of her current visa is 16th September 2019, but the expiry date is 13th April 2020, a bit more than 30 months after the date of issue. Would the date we can apply from be 28 days before the expiry date, or would it be 28 days before 16th March, given that date would be 30 months after the date of issue?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Application Date

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:06 pm

AndrewD wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:46 pm
My wife and I are preparing for the extension of her spouse visa. Searching online, I found some people saying you can apply any time and others saying it had to be within 28 days of the current visa expiring. I then came here and found people saying you can apply for an extension within 28 days before reaching 30 months since the date you entered the UK on a spouse visa.

My wife was already in the UK when she received her visa, as she was here on a student visa when we married. The date of issue of her current visa is 16th September 2019, but the expiry date is 13th April 2020, a bit more than 30 months after the date of issue. Would the date we can apply from be 28 days before the expiry date, or would it be 28 days before 16th March, given that date would be 30 months after the date of issue?
28days before completing 30months on the Spouse visa

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Spouse Visa Application Date

Post by walker » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:04 pm

You could choose either options - 28 days before reaching 30 months or upto 28 days before expiry of the currrent visa. Which option you choose depents on your circumstances.

The potential issue with applying too early is that the UKVI will grant a furter visa of 30 months - if this period expires before 60 months are complete you will not be allowed to apply for ILR at the end of the 30 months expiring. You would have to make a further application for FLR and upon completed of 60 months apply for ILR.