ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AndrewMuzz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Extension of Spouse Visa

Post by AndrewMuzz » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:36 pm

Hello.

My wife is from Russia and we are living in the UK. She has a BRP and we applied originally through Appendix FM Partner for her visa. We are at that rather expensive point when we need to extend. I just want to make sure I am not making any mistakes and would appreciate confirmation of the following:

1) We should apply through an application to remain in the UK on the basis of family life as a partner of a British citizen
2) We can apply anytime but if we apply within 28 days of the BRP expiry we maximise the time on the new visa. If it takes longer than the time left on the BRP to issue the extension it automatically extends so my wife would not be seen as an overstayer? I doubt they will get it done within the 28 days! Any reason to apply sooner?
3) Her B1 language certificate from 2019 is still ok to use? The centre which issued it is still accredited.

I made sure to do a lot jointly so we have bills, leases etc in both names covering the last two years. They won't be interested in anything from before that like we provided the first time around presumably?

Thanks for your help.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Extension of Spouse Visa

Post by walker » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:09 pm

If you apply in time before the expiry of the current visa your wife will not be considered an overstayer.

Did you use the B1 for her inital application for a spouse visa?

Correspodnence addressed to both spouses is usually limited to the period 2-years prior to date of application.