ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre travel check for 18 year's old hello

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sajid29
United Kingdom

Pre travel check for 18 year's old hello

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:19 pm

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I post last time. My brother won appeal in November and he already submitted passport two weeks ago , I received an email about who he will be travelling with? At the time of application he was minor and now he turn 18 before submitting passport.

I already replied to the email that he is 18 years old and he can travel alone . Is this fine or I still need to tell them who he will travel with even he is 18 ? I am posting the email as well... I will be thankful for releasing my worry .

Dear Parent/Guardian of ......

Childs Application

In order to assess your child’s application we require the following information about who they will be travelling to the UK with.

• Full name:
• Date of birth:
• Nationality:
• Address in the UK:
• Passport number:
• Relationship to your child:

Please complete ALL points above, failure to do so will result in your application being delayed.

Should your child attempt to travel with persons not named they may be denied boarding and their vignette destroyed.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Pre travel check for 18 year's old hello

Post by rachellynn1972 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:25 pm

Very worrying that they are asking such a question that they will never asked an EU national who is 18ys
We got the same kind of letter and replied them that kid will be traveling unaccompanied as it is stated in the application that kid will be joining in the UK. This request was sent to a 19ys which i find terrible. Seems this request are from Sitel staff not UKVI staff if not why asked for such a request.
It is now more than a month we got the letter, no confirmation they received the reply and decision is still pending.
Make sure you write your name in that list they requested and that kid will be joining you as in your application.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

Sajid29
United Kingdom

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:42 pm

My brother was 16 years old at the time of application. He was refused then we went for an appeal . Now he is already 18 year's old and I am just wonder why they are asking who he will travel with. This is extended family member application. 18 January received email to submit passport and on 19 January received email that with who this child will travel .... I am just worried if they will delay or they will understand that he is clearly over 18 or he has to be over 21 under EUSS to travel alone ?

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:51 pm

The way they are working now, they are using AS SOON AS POSSIBLE meaning there is no time limit. asap can be a year, two years etc to them. To us we no longer care how long it took them to make decision but will eventually do. As long they have requested back his passport he has already got the permit.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

Sajid29
United Kingdom

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:29 pm

Yes i know this is frustrating to keep you waiting. Hopefully you will get a good news 🙏.