ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI cards stolen- process for re-issue

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Metta5

OCI cards stolen- process for re-issue

Post by Metta5 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:31 pm

Hello, Our OCIs cards were stolen with other things in a house burglary. We don’t have photocopies of those cards. I have the application/OCI card number though. In this scenario can we apply for re-issue of OCIs or need to apply as of first time application? Will it be a problem as we don’t have the OCI cards photocopy? I have the original surrender certificate, and photocopy of our old Indian passport.

Thank you.

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Re: OCI cards stolen- process for re-issue

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:26 pm

Sorry to hear about the loss. I hope you and your family are safe; which is most important.

Regarding OCI, you can go to the https://ociservices.gov.in --> OCI Miscellaneous Services and apply for a new OCI. Please refer to the FAQá/important links section of this website and that of HCI London on the process to apply for OCI in case of lost OCI card.
Hope everything works out well for you.

Thanks

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:49 pm

Thank you for the reply. I am filling in the form for the re-issue. However, as the form picks up information from my original information it keeps the old British passport number- which is no longer valid. We had to cancel those and get new British passports issued due to the burglary. I have created another form/file for changing my passport number but it is then attached to the old OCI!
Any thoughts what can be done/ if what I hade done if ok? The replies from the OCI help email are the bog standard and not addressing my specific query.

Thank you

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:15 am

Metta5 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:49 pm
Thank you for the reply. I am filling in the form for the re-issue. However, as the form picks up information from my original information it keeps the old British passport number- which is no longer valid. We had to cancel those and get new British passports issued due to the burglary. I have created another form/file for changing my passport number but it is then attached to the old OCI! Do you mean when you fill a fresh application for reissue of OCI it picks your old OCI details and new passport details ... If yes you might clear your browser cache and try again. There is no way the OCI website can pull up data with regards to a new passport until you've used miscellaneous services and updated the same earlier.
Any thoughts what can be done/ if what I hade done if ok? The replies from the OCI help email are the bog standard and not addressing my specific query.

Thank you
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:08 pm

Thank you. No there is nowhere to add in my new passport details. When I select list/damaged OCI services - fill a new app- it asks for my original file number and old passport details etc. then the system brings up a form where it asks to fill basic details of who did you apply the first OCIs with, where, relatives in india. Such broad info. Along with uploading photos etc and supporting docs. I do upload my current passport in the supporting docs but no provision for inputting the new passport details. However, when I print the form it has my name etc along with the old passport number. So the system fills in that info from the original form created in 2019. The system assumes that for loss/damaged OCIs the passport details won’t change!
Hence I also created another application for changing passport details!
Thank you

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:34 pm

That is fine, simply print, sign and take it with you for the appointment. Also, you may write a letter explaining loss of OCI card & subsequent re-issue of british passport. It would be accepted.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:14 pm

Thank you very much @dontringthebell and @rainbowbutterfly. Now looking at appointments, which seem to come and go fast.
Thank you