ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Right

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pluto1992
Ireland

EU Treaty Right

Post by pluto1992 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi all, Apologies if the question has been asked before. I have tried to find this information on inis website but its not there. A friend who is a Swedish national. His wife is an Indian national. They want to move to Ireland permanently. My question is that once they are here and apply for EU Treaty Right for the Indian spouse would she be able to travel back and forth between Sweden and Ireland while the application is still under process? The reason is that she is doing a course in Stockholm which wont finish till June end this year. Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Right

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:05 pm

You mean while EUFam is processing? It might take a while indeed.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:34 pm

She would need to wait till she gets a temporary permission (which may take a couple of months). Once she has the temporary permission (usually a Stamp 4 card), she will be able to leave Ireland temporarily.

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:17 am

@meself ... sorry yes I meant EUFam

@litterr ... thanks

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:41 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:34 pm
She would need to wait till she gets a temporary permission (which may take a couple of months). Once she has the temporary permission (usually a Stamp 4 card), she will be able to leave Ireland temporarily.
You are really helpful. Just one last thing ... before she gets her temporary permission which could be a few months she cant travel at all?

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:45 pm

Just adding my limited knowledge here, if someone doesn’t have valid residence card, they need to get entry visa to enter Ireland, so she can leave country without the issue but to enter back to Ireland she will need visa in my opinion.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:55 pm

Yes the above is correct.

In limited cases, people can request for a re-entry visa after they have arrived in the state but haven't been able to register themselves with the authority.

However, the actual process is quite a pain:

They will need to prove that (1) they have submitted the application and it is still in progress, and (2) there is an urgent reason that they must travel before they can receive a decision on the application.

The visa is usually given as a single entry for a very short period of time, so it might not be suitable for this person if she needs to travel back and forth multiple times.

In addition, I'm not sure if the re-entry visa department will treat 'doing a course' as an urgent reason. They have been lenient enough these days though.

The other issue would be to actually get the visa. There is no longer a standard visa application form, so people usually would have to walk into the Burgh Quay office to 'beg' to be seen (as you are not supposed to be there without an appointment - which you can't get one without an approval letter in the first place).

I think it would be easier to apply for a multiple-entry visa in Sweden before she comes to Ireland. The default option would be a single-entry visa, but she should be able to choose multiple-entry in the online application (I'm not sure about this though). As she is an Indian national, she will need to get a visa before she can come to Ireland. If she gets a multiple-entry visa as part of this process, it should allow her to visit Ireland multiple times during a 3-month period.